Dealing with procrastination

Castelione

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 17, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Rushing for deadlines makes us feel really stressed, but many of us still choose to procrastinate. How do you deal when you feel like procrastinating?

Last edited:
if I have something to do (like homework) I prefer doing it at the given moment when someone assigns me something, then I am the most productive
the second thing is to put a personal deadline that is some days before the actual deadline
lastly I apply the 20 second rule, here is the link:

I don't really believe that procrastination can be totally eliminated from our habit. It's part of us. However, it can be minimized. And I believe the best way to minimized it is by setting a daily target.

Example when you are given an assignment is supposed to be done immediately you get home , do not wait for the dead line to be near before you start to do it. This brings about procrastination

I would rather finish the thing I don't want to do first and then relax than the have the thought that I need to be doing it looming over my head while I'm procrastinating. Much better to get it over with and not have to think about it anymore.

Rushing for deadlines makes us feel really stressed, but still many of us still choose to procrastinate. How do you deal when you feel like procrastinating?
I'm a big fan of the pomodoro technique. Basically, you set a timer for 25 minutes and work until it goes off. Then you take a 5-minute break, and start again.

When I feel like procrastinating, I use that technique to force myself to start working. Once I get started, it's much easier to keep going because I know that all I have to do is get through 25 minutes of work before taking a break. If I'm not feeling like working at all, sometimes all it takes is knowing that I only have to do some work for 25 minutes before taking a break so that the idea of working doesn't seem so overwhelming—and then once I start working, it's much easier to keep going since there's no longer an end date in mind!

I'm a big fan of the pomodoro technique. Basically, you set a timer for 25 minutes and work until it goes off. Then you take a 5-minute break, and start again.

When I feel like procrastinating, I use that technique to force myself to start working. Once I get started, it's much easier to keep going because I know that all I have to do is get through 25 minutes of work before taking a break. If I'm not feeling like working at all, sometimes all it takes is knowing that I only have to do some work for 25 minutes before taking a break so that the idea of working doesn't seem so overwhelming—and then once I start working, it's much easier to keep going since there's no longer an end date in mind!
Interesting! I’m gonna try using this technique too. Thanks for the tip 😉

Procrastination
Rushing for deadlines makes us feel really stressed, but many of us still choose to procrastinate. How do you deal when you feel like procrastinating?
Procrastination is not good when somebody is tend to do good things in life once there's deadline you work so was it and achieve good things in life.

I am a pain when it comes to procrastinating and I find I do it more than I should, especially when I have deadlines to meet and I have targets set that I need to complete. Usually, when I am most stressed out about reaching a target I will find myself reaching for my phone and end up scrolling TikTok or even just playing a game on my phone instead of getting on with the task I have to do. I find that if I take regular breaks, keep my phone away from me, and make smaller tasks I feel less stressed out and I procrastinate less. It's slowly getting there but I do need some more work on it.

I think what you need to do at that very moment is think of why you wanted to start in the first place. Is it a business? What motivated you in the first place to want to start up such business, that should be your reason not to procrastinate.

I never procrastinate because I know that it will be stressful a while before deadline, so I always make a to do list and put my urgent and necessary tasks at first.

Determination and commitment are keys to dealing with procrastination. Procrastination is a spirit of failure but when you're determined and committed to your assignments, then you have a good result.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back