What's new

DDoS prevention

Alex

Plenty of websites, servers, and internet connections are victims of DDoS and other hacking attempts. Do you take any precautions and use defense strategies such as CloudFlare? Would you suggest for me to start using one, and why?

I have SSL but I'm not sure that's any sort of DDoS prevention. I don't really think about it really. The thing is, most smaller site owners don't have to worry about this as much.

On shared hosting, I personally feel that DDoS prevention is more the role of the host..

I could take all of the precautions in the world, but still fall victim to problems with other websites on the same server.

If you really want to protect your site from DDos it is better to avoid shared hosting. Hosting company will claim they provide DDos support but it is not advisable. Going with VPS with DDos protection is a wise choice.

I am on shared hosting so their is no problem or neither needed to protect from DDos as the hosting company have to do such things. VPS or a server holders need to learn such things in order to avoid DDos attacks from scammer and spammers. Shared hosting is a shit hosting that doesn't load as VPS host.

To prevent DDOS, I usually try to go with spam prevention plugins first.
There are many plugins available like Stop forum spam etc., There are some third-party services like Cloudflare too. It offers free services to protect our website .
Also, it's better to go with other prevention methods like not having any spam content etc., If you have spam content, that attracts other spambots.

The company gives a precaution on that service.There are some third-party services like Cloudflare too. It offers free services to protect our website.Need to learn such things in order to avoid DDos attacks from scammer and spammers.

Develop a Denial of Service Response Plan
Develop a DDoS prevention plan based on a thorough security assessment
Secure Your Network Infrastructure
Mitigating network security threats can only be achieved with multi-level protection strategies in place.

Here are some of the best tools to help protect against such attacks.
  • Cloudflare. Cloudfare's layer 3 and 4 protection absorbs an attack before it reaches a server, which load balancers, firewalls, and routers do not. ...
  • F5 Networks. ...
  • Black Lotus. ...
  • Arbor networks. ...
  • Incapsula.

I have read that one of the viable ways to prevent a DDoS attack is the zero trust architecture, which allows to protect and maximize the visibility of access and activities. This type of protection consists of preventing, detecting and responding to external and internal threats through different layers of security.

Last edited:
The most effective way to prevent DDOS attack is through the use of CAPTCHA and Cloudfare. These two methods are very effective and efficient at preventing any form of attack of DDOS.

protect your site from DDos it is better to avoid shared hosting. Hosting company will claim they provide DDos support but it is not advisable. Going with VPS with DDos protection is a wise choice.

I was always under the impression that DDoS attacks usually do not happen in smaller websites as you are not a threat to anyone. However, recently, my site with just 28 members and 600 posts got targeted. DDoS can happen to any kind of site. One of the easiest ways to prevent and get your ste back is by using Cloudflare.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back