COVID-19 Test

Alexander

Owner & Managing Director
Staff member
Management Team
BizNotes
Has anybody on this forum had a COVID-19 assessment? Which test did you take, and were you self-isolating pending a positive or negative result? Since I have not displayed any symptoms of the virus, there has been no reason for me to book an appointment to get tested.

Lord Saru

BizNotes
I took one.

I work for a local COVID19 healthcare facility. In India, we have a system called decentralized COVID19 First Line Treatment Centers (FLTC) where in each district is given a treatment centre according to the intensity of infection in that place.

We are a high volume center and doctors here must undergo a test every 14 days. I had last undergone a test yesterday. Its pretty uncomfortable but not painful. I would gladly take another one if the situation demands it.

Lämmchen

BizNotes
Before any type of procedure the Covid test needs to be given and then the person needs to self-isolate until the procedure. I've had 2 tests (called pre-pocedural Covid tests) and they used one small swab, went into the nose (not too far) and twisted it then did the same in the other nostril. It wasn't bad.

The first time I took the test all Covid tests were done in the same office but now they've separated the people who suspect they have Covid so they aren't around the people getting the pre-procedural testing. Took them long enough to come to the conclusion that it was necessary!

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Staff member
Management Team
Global Moderators
BizNotes
I haven't had to do a test yet, as I have not been working as frequently as I used to, but 3 immediate family members that reside in the house, had tested positive for the anti-bodies, which meant they had gotten it sometime after the initial spread into the area. And currently the fourth person in the house is waiting results, as she is pretty sick. So, if I am to get back to work full time, I probably should do a test, to just to make sure I don't have it currently.

Nerdface

BizNotes
I had to be tested in August after falling unwell, but only ever suspected it to be a heavy cold.. Frustratingly the first test came back "unclear", so I had to continue isolating and take a second test which thankfully came back negative. I asked for the marshals to carry out the test since I generally don't trust myself to do these things right! 😅

My daughter had to be sent home from nursery earlier this week due to one of the workers testing positive. We didn't think much of it, but unfortunately she has started to show some symptoms today, so we tried to have her tested but it was too difficult (she's only 2). Her Mum was tested, and I'm now self-isolating until that result comes back.

Empire

Power Of Love
BizNotes
No testing is done here, Well I'm safe and so are my family but doesn't tell me that if we had it or not. But I feel alright in myself. The testing locations are not even open anymore since it's appointment only and they are all good out of stuck anyway.

Lämmchen

BizNotes
I had to be tested in August after falling unwell, but only ever suspected it to be a heavy cold.. Frustratingly the first test came back "unclear", so I had to continue isolating and take a second test which thankfully came back negative. I asked for the marshals to carry out the test since I generally don't trust myself to do these things right! 😅

My daughter had to be sent home from nursery earlier this week due to one of the workers testing positive. We didn't think much of it, but unfortunately she has started to show some symptoms today, so we tried to have her tested but it was too difficult (she's only 2). Her Mum was tested, and I'm now self-isolating until that result comes back.

You're the first I've heard that has had an "unclear" test result. What do you think caused that? Could it have been the way it was directed or did they handle it incorrectly after administrating the test?

I hope your daughter feels better soon. I've read that some countries are starting to use the test that uses saliva instead of sticking the swabs up the nose and I know that would be easier to use on young children.

Nerdface

BizNotes
You're the first I've heard that has had an "unclear" test result. What do you think caused that? Could it have been the way it was directed or did they handle it incorrectly after administrating the test?

I hope your daughter feels better soon. I've read that some countries are starting to use the test that uses saliva instead of sticking the swabs up the nose and I know that would be easier to use on young children.
I'm not entirely sure, I mentioned it to the marshal during my second test who seemed to suggest it may have been mishandled or contaminated in the lab - of course, he said they definitely weren't too blame at the testing site.. 😄

Thank you for your kind words about my daughter. Thankfully her Mum's test came back negative on Sunday morning, and she seems to be slowly recovering although I haven't really seen her since Saturday morning (her Mum and I are separated). That test sounds like it would be much better suited for young children.

Lämmchen

BizNotes
I'm not entirely sure, I mentioned it to the marshal during my second test who seemed to suggest it may have been mishandled or contaminated in the lab - of course, he said they definitely weren't too blame at the testing site.. 😄

Thank you for your kind words about my daughter. Thankfully her Mum's test came back negative on Sunday morning, and she seems to be slowly recovering although I haven't really seen her since Saturday morning (her Mum and I are separated). That test sounds like it would be much better suited for young children.

My daughter recently became ill (she's 26 and lives alone in a big city) and I worried that she could have gotten covid because of where she lives and the fact that she had a cough. She took the test and then self-isolated and complained mostly about symptoms of a stuffy nose and drainage. Her test came back yesterday as Negative which means she has a good old-fashioned cold! I never thought I'd be relieved to hear my daughter has a cold.

jyy

BizNotes
Oddly, I had something similar to Covid-19 in December before all this happened! It was coughing from the pit of my stomach. I'm not sure what I had.

vest1992

Self-Development Counselor
Staff member
Global Moderators
VIP Member
BizNotes
Me neither, clean and healthy as a bull. The covid works on RNA level not DNA as they test it, there are many studies saying this. Eeh soon we will understand why this happened for the whole collective.

Private conversations
Help Users