What's new

Could you mind a small amount from a smaller PC setup?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If it takes a lot to mine cryptocurrency these days, I was curious, could I mind crypto with a small PC setup? I don't expect to draw a lot, but I would like to see if it can draw me some money in the process. I'll take small amounts of pay if it can mine some.

I am using a low end of,with 4gig ram and quad processor, I tried minning doge for 12hours straight and to my greatest surprise the result was not bad I was able to mine 2.12 doge, strictly on my CPU.

If it takes a lot to mine cryptocurrency these days, I was curious, could I mind crypto with a small PC setup? I don't expect to draw a lot, but I would like to see if it can draw me some money in the process. I'll take small amounts of pay if it can mine some.

You can mine crypto using your inexpensive hardware but it is of no use. It will probably take you years to mine something valuable and the amount you will receive would be really, really low. I remember mining crypto using my computer and it was not worth it because I had inexpensive, low-quality hardware. I used two computers, actually.

it depends on the specifications of that "small pc setup", but still, you will be in need of a powerful GPU (graphics card) to have something decent, also you'll be in need of a lot of them to be an official miner, otherwise, you'll end up paying more electricity bills than what your single setup generates

it depends on the specifications of that "small pc setup", but still, you will be in need of a powerful GPU (graphics card) to have something decent, also you'll be in need of a lot of them to be an official miner, otherwise, you'll end up paying more electricity bills than what your single setup generates

And this is why I believe that mining crypto is not for everyone. Considering the mining difficulty and the cost of hardware, I really do not think that it is worth enough to buy the hardware for mining purpose only. Please also consider the fact that it will take you a lot of time to cover the cost of hardware AFTER you start mining crypto.

Mining cryptocurrency via small PC system won't fetch you any reasonable amount of digital currency , 3years ago I stumbled upon a company website where the help you mine btc at an agreed price they have the full system setup to get the job done. can't remember the site name anymore.

Of course you can mine but the problem you will face is if the system you are using those not have the programing and files that is needed to mine.

You can mine crypto using your inexpensive hardware but it is of no use. It will probably take you years to mine something valuable and the amount you will receive would be really, really low. I remember mining crypto using my computer and it was not worth it because I had inexpensive, low-quality hardware. I used two computers, actually.
I like the part from your comment that it will take years to mine something valuable and the amount you will receive will be very low. I think that is very true. I tried doing that also before and in the battery of our computer was damaged. Therefore I conclude that it's not worth it mining cryptocurrency through computer.

I really don't think you can be able to mine crypto currency this days through a small PC set up. The best thing for you is to have all the tools that is required of you to start this and start making your money

The problem is even if you are able to mine with a low end PC, it would take alot of time to get something reasonable, because it would be extremely slow. Then again, it might be causing some damage to the pc but you are not just aware yet.

I do not even think that I would do anything when it comes to mining apart from the low pay, the damage it may cause to a device that does not meet it's requirement is another factor to consider.

I like the part from your comment that it will take years to mine something valuable and the amount you will receive will be very low. I think that is very true. I tried doing that also before and in the battery of our computer was damaged. Therefore I conclude that it's not worth it mining cryptocurrency through computer.

You must also remember that in order to mine something really valuable, you must have a lots of capital in your hand and you must be willing to invest in ASIC miners and some other kind of computer harware and even after that you will be able to gain profits after a long time because it will take you a long time to recover the money you invested.

Does this mining stuff do really works?

If you use cloud mining, you cana benefit even on a PC. However, if you want to mine on your own computer, you do not profit much. Better way to mine is by setting up your own mining hardware

Though It is possible for one to mine some little amount of coins with some low system specs but just as someone already stated above, it will take years to be able to mine something reasonable which can be a waste of time. I would rather invest in the already mined ones for profit. My take though.

It is possible to mine cryptocurrency with the uses of a small set of computer system but you shouldn't expect a lot of money in the process. you need a computer setup with a high specification if you are really serious about mining cryptocurrency.

I think the second piece of software needed is the mining software itself—the most popular is called GUIMiner. When launched, the program begins to mine on its own, looking for the magic combination that will open that padlock to the block of transactions. The program keeps running and the faster and more powerful a miner's PC is, the faster the miner will start generating bitcoins. But as for I don't mine

Of course, there a lot of affordable mining rigs that can get you something everyday. Might not be as big but you'll definitely get returns on your investment.
I've considered this option too, what's left is where to get a rig like this.

The amount of profit that you stand to earn is dependent on the power of your hardware and also the hashrate that you are able to purchase.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back