What's new

Could a new social site compete with Facebook?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Facebook is the top dog when it comes to social media sites, and it's honestly one I didn't think would last as long as it did. When I saw the death of MySpace, I thought something new would come out and dethrone Facebook eventually, but that never happened. Facebook is still one of the most visited sites on the planet, and it continues to grow.

I liken it to the homepage of the internet at this point, as everyone is using it now days, and more options are coming out for it that keeps bringing people back to it.

Anyway, could a new social site compete with Facebook? Or is it near impossible to do at this point?

Any new social media site that comes up should have something different and upgraded to offer than facebook and that is an aspect that could attract new followers to the site.

Facebook is the top dog when it comes to social media sites, and it's honestly one I didn't think would last as long as it did. When I saw the death of MySpace, I thought something new would come out and dethrone Facebook eventually, but that never happened. Facebook is still one of the most visited sites on the planet, and it continues to grow.

I liken it to the homepage of the internet at this point, as everyone is using it now days, and more options are coming out for it that keeps bringing people back to it.

Anyway, could a new social site compete with Facebook? Or is it near impossible to do at this point?
I don't really know because we have most of the social media sites we need, like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, etc., unless a new media site would offer something new that would attract people. If not, then I really don't think a new social media site would be able to compete with Facebook, or it would take a very long time.

I highly doubt that though, even with the other social media platforms like twitter and the likes, Facebook still remains unique. For any new platform to compete with Facebook, it has to bring something completely different to the table that would make us actually want to choose it or compare it to Facebook.

The most popular and powerful social media platforms we have today are; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Snapchat. I don't think there's any other social media platform that's going to be launched tomorrow which is going to be capable of overtaking Facebook.

TikTok has shaken the foundation of facebook, which is why in order to survive in the market, facebook launched short videos called Reels, which was a blatant copy of Tiktok. I believe a new social platform can compete with facebook provided it comes with the features that Gen Z likes.

Well, with Facebook being one of the first social media platform that have been dominant since after the days of MySpace, all of the other new social media platforms that are coming out are expected to compete with it but I believe that Facebook have held its fort very well till now.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back