Closing business due to Lockdown?

overcast

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
Nov 28, 2019
BizNotes
USD
$0.0000USD
It seems around the world the business are closed for more than 3 months. And there seems to be no new customers out there. And it seems like this may go on for year after year. And we have no end in sight for the vaccine against corona. I am wondering if there are any number of business who may end up closing down due to the lockdown and possible lack of customers after corona?

Do you think business will close down after corona too?

I have seen so many people closing down their businesses due to the lockdown.
Even my uncle, a very close relative of mine, had to close his business too. It's pretty sad and I am not sure how to encourage such people. COVID made me be with my parents once again, after a very long time. So, I thought it's not that bad but when I think about it, all the deaths and loses, it's just... bad.

People are still afraid to come outside over here. Not sure how they are going to plan their lives from here on in.

The first national lockdown in the UK was particularly rough on the hospitality industry, and several restaurants, pubs, and cafés had to permanently close due to mounting debts and pressures from suppliers. We had an "eat out to help out" scheme throughout August where the government footed 50% of the bill for up to a maximum of £10 off per person, in an effort to try and revive these businesses a bit.

It was largely successful, although now the COVID infection numbers are climbing again and there's murmurs of a second national lockdown in the UK, many more businesses within the sector have come out and said they simply wouldn't be able to sustain staying open either. It could prove to be quite the reset for a few industries by the time some kind of normality is restored.

I see the potential of businesses that don't have long term savings, closing down before the end of the year. Example being, there is a person that lives here, that owns a bar and a pizza business right across from each other, and the person has put up building for sale signs on both buildings, due to less people coming out to either place. From what I can figure, the person didn't plan out the pizza business, and forked out a large amount of savings to try to kickstart the pizza location, and is now facing issues with not having enough money to run both at the same time.

It's hard to say what the long term economic impact of COVID-19 will be on businesses. I think some sectors will be at higher risk than others, for example, Airlines & Night Clubs. If there is another national lockdown, we'll be seeing further damage to the hospitality industry. Time will tell, but I'm hoping the slow recovery will take no longer than two years.

I am an optimist in relation to finding solutions (vaccines and treatments) against the virus. But it is evident that many companies have closed never to return. I do not think that a definitive reconfiguration of the physical business world is taking place, there will be a renewal of the participants, just that. But I certainly believe that it will be overlooked the opportunity for us (all of humanity) to rethink the current entrepreneurial culture and its relationship with daily social life, the latter usually economically considered (in my opinion, erroneously) a waste.

With the advent of the pandemic, virtually every part of our lives has been online. Businesses have closed down, the physical gathering is being discouraged, and lockdowns or curfews are being imposed in different countries for more than three months. People gradually had no choice but to shift to the internet space to survive.

Not only business but most of currencies are now increased. I live in UK and the price of USD dollars are highly increase due to covid-19, Not only this but the every stuff in my area become more expensive especially foods. Most of employers lost their job and i am one of them i lost my job too but i am not worried since i am earning from my skills and my online business is enough to pay my bills and dues :)

Lots of business already closed snd filled bankruptcy because of the coronavirus. Because in some countries companies are still obligated to offer at least 50% of salary monthly even if employees don't work anymore

you don t need a vaccine, it just about your state of mind, and your immune system, and regarding the business being closed it s just a way to control what is happening around, well there are a lo t of things that people don t even pay attention to, what happens above us in the sky.

we thank God that things are ease now and lockdowns in most countries have been lifted. Although there's a second wave coming, but we gon overcome it.

It's important to close down Business Even though it will massively affect the investors of those Business. But remember health is wealth. Without good health you can't run a business

It seems around the world the business are closed for more than 3 months. And there seems to be no new customers out there. And it seems like this may go on for year after year. And we have no end in sight for the vaccine against corona. I am wondering if there are any number of business who may end up closing down due to the lockdown and possible lack of customers after corona?

A lot of businesses have been forced to close down due to the effect of the corona virus pandemic, this actually has an adverse effects on the economy though but there is nothing to be done about it. More businesses will still close down due to low or no patronage from the customers who have lost their job due to the pandemic.

The covid 19 global pandemic has affected so many businesses all over the world particularly as a result of the lockdown and has made some businesses to come an end. Most people whose businesses were affected are those with small scale businesses.

It is not okay to close daow a business totally because be of lock down, however we must adhere to the government stipulated rules consining the Lockdown procedures, but we should not close down our business but look for an easy way to run it.

A lots of businesses have closed down and many to close now or later. We all know that businesses exist to service a need in the society and with the outbreak of Covid 19 and various measure (which includes lockdown) that affects directly all forms of businesses, it will only take those that can reintegrate their business outreach through the use of online means to reach out to their customer to survive the hit/effect of lockdown on their business

It is not advisable to succumb to the heat of lockdown and close your source of income,
I prefer you master mine means like taking the business from offline to online and by this there will be no need to close down the business entirely.

Global outbreak of corona affected lots of sectors especially the business sector. And it resulted into another the close down of many businesses and lots of other things. Let's just how for the best so that others sectors and business won't get worse before something is done.

Closing down business due to lock down is not too good especially for the business and for the customer who are in need. If your business is closed down due to lock down it means it is a one way business that is, it's not digital business yet, it's just dialogue business. So take your business to digital I mean social media.

many actually closed their businesses during the 1st lockdown and many also lost their jobs., now next corona virus is sure to lose more businesses because other countries are tightening again due to the threat of the second wave of virus ..

Closing down business due to lock down is not too good especially for the business and for the customer who are in need. If your business is closed down due to lock down it means it is a one way business that is, it's not digital business yet, it's just dialogue business. So take your business to digital I mean social media.

The lockdown season has led to shutdowns of businesses, I think we all need to accept the fact that corona is here to stay and we would keep living with it. The important thing is to find a way to balance the business based on this emerging trend.

Last edited:

So many businesses that were 100% dependent on offline sales and offline transactions were closed down due to the fact that everybody was at home. It becomes very important now to ensure that your business is always online.

Closing down a business due to lockdown might be a very good thing for the general good of the entire community where the business is situated. But If it were online, there wouldn't be a need to close down

A second lockdown might make some businesses to close down finally especially those ones that don't have enough savings or extra money before the first lockdown. Some the goods they bought which are perishable got spoil it will really affect restaurants, airlines,etc a second lockdown is not good at all because most business have not recovered from the first one.

Closing a business due to lockdown is actually a good idea,as one cannot chase wealth at the same time chase health,safety comes first before any order thing, that's why online business is introduced,if you cannot make money physically,u can make it online

Well, business lost customers and gained them too. It's only a matter of time before everything go back to the way it was before Covid. Everyone's on a mask. Even markets are not fully open. The government is trying their best to curtail the spread.

As for me yes you are right that most business closes down due to the first lock down and many lost there businesses because they couldn't go to work and also they couldn't feed there family also and many will also lost there jobs due to the second waves because the rate the virus is spreading is just to much

enabling access by the site owners or managers, staff or people authorised by them (including volunteers) for maintenance where this is reasonably necessary. This may include exhibit maintenance, animal or plant feeding, or repairs.

Rather than closing the business because of the COVID-19, one should think of other ways of doing the business and still maintain the customers. COVID-19 pandemic will not be forever.

Alot of business has suffer shutdown due to the global pandemic. It takes only the strong and mighty to still remain in business.
So, in my own opinion most business should go digital to avoid any loss of any kind in case such a situation arises again.

In my country, government ordered the closures of all businesses and everyone should stay indoors, so there is no way that people can come out when the government has ordered it. No business had the temerity to open when the government has declared that but thanks to the vaccines that has been developed, we hope to see businesses opening their shops to customers like they used to do before.

I think businesses that are not actually planned well might close down during the pandemic because I don't think there is any way they can actually think for a possible solution because it is not part of their plans

This time is a really big downturn for most businesses especially those without an online presence. Sales is very low now, everyone is trying to save the little they have only on the necessities. Businesses should restrategize and come UK with plans. For instance, adding any other product in demand in order to sustain and keep the business till everything goes back to normal.

Due to the outbreak of covid alots of business have close down without the hope of recovery ,most especially those involved in a small scale of business have mostly been affected for their lack of presentations on line or marketing strategy.

Businesses don't have to close down after corona if an individual can navigate their way through and create an online presence for their business to thrive. Business that were already offering online service didn't feel much impact of the pandemic

Business as well as a large portion of monetary forms are presently expanded. I live in Pakistan and the cost of USD dollars are profoundly increment due to Coronavirus, Not just this yet the each stuff in my general vicinity become more costly particularly nourishments. The majority of bosses lost their employment and I'm one of them I lost my employment as well yet I'm not stressed since I'm procuring from my abilities and my online business is sufficient to satisfy my bills and obligations.

Business can only close during lock down but will never close after the lock down i.e it will close after the corona virus which is never possible and will always be impossible.
Business establish business to make profit and to make sales.

Some business are still gonna be closed down after the pandemic... A lot of business has ran into debt within this short period of time... Some business has lose customers as a lot of people has digitalised their business and a lot of people has go into feeding their family from their business money in some part of my country and their only hope of opening is the government.

you don t need a vaccine, it just about your state of mind, and your immune system, and regarding the business being closed it s just a way to control what is happening around, well there are a lo t of things that people don t even pay attention to, what happens above us in the sky.

This is totally out of place, to be honest with you. You need to be safe from this Corona virus and what is also key is that this is killing businesses globally and that's how we can be out of work when such things happen. Most of the businesses were not ready too for the pandemic that happened.

If the lockdown affects the traditional stores and they have to close down then another option for adverts and sales is online, create a website for your business after which you can create a facebook page and advertise via facebook and do effective targeting, also prepare for logistics to enable swift delivery of orders too. All the best.

This is so accurate right now, it is so sad to here a story like that. This COVID-19 pandemic has forced many businesses to shut down permanently. What more hassle is that legally closing your business can require several steps to wrap up the company’s financial affairs and notify the government and tax authorities.

There are businesses that close down due to the pandemic one of them was mine, i have a small business (im just a student so..) and my business heavily rely on other students that is attending school so when the pandemic hits and school are cancelled i needed to close it down too. But also there's other businesses that just relying on the pandemic such as those mask makers and sellers.

our analysis explores variants of stimulus packages that were being discussed at the time of the survey. The results show that over 70% of respondents anticipated taking advantage of aid when asked about a program that resembles the Paycheck Protection Program that is part of the CARES Act. Moreover, they expected this funding to influence other business decisions—including layoff decisions and staying in business altogether. At the same time, many businesses were reluctant to apply for funding through the CARES Act because of concerns about administrative complexity and eligibility. A large number of respondents also anticipated problems with accessing the aid, citing potential issues such as bureaucratic hassles and difficulties establishing eligibility.

Now the corana level is decreasing. During lock down many offline business were closed. This decreased the value of the company. Some were paying tents but the shops were closed. So, it was damaging to economy.

It depends on your business which business you have If your business is online, there is no need to close This is true but it has a very bad effect on their days But good days will come very soon There are some businesses that need to be fully addressed And we need to maximize the benefits to those people in their day

When the lockdown was declared here all types of businesses were closed except for the supermarket and pharmacy. When the public transportation was allowed to operate after the 2 months of lockdown there were only few buses. Some bus owners have sold their bus to companies that need a shuttle. Until now the public buses have been operating partially because they say business is not good - the 30% maximum capacity of buses is not making it profitable anymore. Other businesses that closed in our town were the barber shop, beauty salon and computer shops. Only few are now operating.

The corona virus pandemic affected the global economy in a tremendous ways that can not be easily quantified. Most especially private businesses that has no shock waves to sustain the effect of the pandemic, the pandemic made alot of companies to shutdown.
Post automatically merged:

The corona virus pandemic affected the global economy in a tremendous ways that can not be easily quantified. Most especially private businesses that has no shock waves to sustain the effect of the pandemic, the pandemic made alot of companies to shutdown.

One does not necessarily have to close down their business due to lockdown. All you need to do is move the business online and continue your activities. You can set up a website or open a business page on social media platforms. That way more customers can have access to your business and you earn more money.

Effect of Covid: Top business schools delay placements by almost four weeks. Postponement of this... Small effect due to coronavirus lockout on Vedanta operations
Almost 100,000 facilities that briefly shut down because of the pandemic are now out of business

It really hurts my mind to see how many people, businesses, family were affected by the lockdown.
I know a number of people who lost their jobs and means of livelihood as a result of the corona virus thing.
However whilst this was happening some other businesses thrived during the corona virus.
More online teachers were needed, jobs were being done remotely, party were hosted virtually, people whose job it is to provide this kind of virtual/remote meeting place are/were seen smiling to the bank.

We were made to understand that businesses would be closed during the second wave of the Covid-19 lockdown but I don't see the eventuality. We're already in the second wave of the lockdown and all thanks to God, it's not as bad as everyone predicted. I'm sure we'll get over with the virus soon and everything will fall back into shape

Businessa business can close its business during a lockdown but after the lockdown the business has the right to start overall open up the business in order to allocate it's profit.

Closing down business in lock down is not good because it affects all the business also it help us to know that digital marketing is also good for advertisement on social media

Yea I see a lot of businesses closing down due to corona lockdown especially bars, hotels and schools but things will gradually go back to normal but not as fast as we might hope.

Circumstance can make a business to close down and pack up .A lot of business i know closed down during the lock dowm and this could be due to sometimes not realy having a well cut out plan in case of eventuality of this nature.Because during the lock down a lot of people were thinking of their safety and survival, which is food.Events centres were shut down and they have to go down.The non essential commodities like the clothing accessories and shoes and hand bags and gift shops also closed down.

The corona various has affected different part of the world and many business sector have being short down completely due to the lockdown this coroner various has affected allot of business . about 5 people I know that are being terrible affected with the lockdown.

The truth of the matter is that so many businesses were closed up due to lockdown of which up to date people have not opened them up because some ran out of money and stock .
So what people did is just to close up forever and forget about it and started to look for other means of getting cash

Online business is very profitable covid 19 is cloth business lock down all people search the globel engine used different websites and world wide all person at home no out door so that all person purchased online marketing all things purchased and sell but cloth all person purchased any time .cloth business is very profitable.

There are many business that are closing during lockdown. It is not good for business owners. I think lockdown more affected on offline business. But I think online business will promote during lockdown . Most people will prefer to online business.

Due to coronavirus economy of world has been affected dramatically and the business of several types have very negative impact.
I think even after the coronavirus vaccine, it will take a long time to regain the success of business to compensate the economy of world.

It's an utmost advantage to utilize on this global pandemic and go digital in your business so that you wouldn't run out of client or customers. This global pandemic lockdown really affect alot of business that even close down and out of business. For such not to happen you have to prepare yourself overtime cause more business might still get close until the real vaccine have been found.

Covid'19 is a very great pandemic outbreak that really affect so many sectors especially business due to the lockdown that it cause to so many countries in the world. I could remember last year March in my country when the government declared lockdown for six months, it really affect losing of jobs,money and many business closed down.

It is not oKay to close down a business doing lockdown .it is just that you will follow all the rules and regulations of the government for the man period of time .but that is why you should have connect your business to social media in to sell it online .

instead of me to close my business during the lockdown I use that opportunity to advertise all my goods and services online with this I will still get people I will do business with and I will still make some money than for me to close my business and come to stay like that at home

Closed businesses due to Lockdawn are uncountable, many people lose their business, many people lose their job due lockdown. There is no one that the Lockdawn is not affected in one way to the other, many people die. The Corona virus shake the whole world.

Closing a business for all because of lockdown isn't the solution to the pandemic of covid 19, but finding a lasting solution to how to curb the spread should be the major challenge now.
And with support of everyone understanding that the virus is real and not just a mere joke, because people tend not to believe the existence of the virus, whereby ignorance has made it difficult for other to believe.

we thank God that things are ease now and lockdowns in most countries have been lifted. Although there's a second wave coming, but we gon overcome it.
Tearful, heartfelt announcements about small-business closures are popping up on websites and Facebook pages around the country. Analysts warn this is only the beginning of the worst wave of small-business bankruptcies and closures since the Great Depression. It’s simply not possible for small businesses to survive with no income coming in for weeks followed by reopening at half capacity

Several persons have closed business due to lockdown. Some because they have no choice while for some, they fail to realize that their business can be shifted online hence still functioning even during the lockdown season.
Post automatically merged:

Several persons have closed business due to lockdown. Some because they have no choice while for some, they fail to realize that their business can be shifted online hence still functioning even during the lockdown season.

This is April 2021 and I'm glad to say businesses are operating and not locked down! Though the impact Covid had on businesses was massive , I'm optimistic that things will certainly get better

Be very true to yourself that nobody saw the virus coming and even those who did did not imagine that it would be this bad. As such, if you think that you are earning lesser than the production and running cost of your business, please close it temporarily and come back later.

Gladly, the business setups are beginning to bounce back, it was a real hit at the early stage of the virus, it was as if no one will survive, people loose their jobs, some people had to work from home and lots of inconveniences.

This is April 2021 and I'm glad to say businesses are operating and not locked down! Though the impact Covid had on businesses was massive , I'm optimistic that things will certainly get better
It is excellent to know that already in your country the companies are not blocked and are operating to recover. In my country we are still in the middle of the road, many companies are still closed and others of prime necessity open for a week and close the other.

Closing of business because of lockdown is personal decision, but for me I don't think is advisable for me to close my business because of pandemic.

The lockdown affected many business ,and some business had to die or go extinct because the one of those business couldn't keep up with paying the staff their salaries

So many businesses were already affected as a results of corona virus. Some are currently trying to find their feet to avoid business closure. If care is not taken many businesses that were shutdown may not be opened again for any business activities.

Almost a year after, we are out of the lockdown and we can now see some of the impact of pandemic, there's shortage of food, insecurity, hike in prices etc which is definitely affecting business as there's limited funds.

Actually, here a lot of business establishments are just small businesses. It is very sad that a lot of them crashed while some have to close temporarily to avoid loss.

Some business did closed down and some thrived the most during the pandemic, the pandemic is gradually passing on now and still a lot of businesses are still in place

Yeah definitely closing down of business because of the pandemic at hand caused a lot of things and disorganized lots of business on ground. But it as seriously given rise to alot of online trading and crypto currency exchange.

The first wave of covid19 led too many businesses halting due to serious movement restrictions, their was no means for them to record sales nor vuy more products.

Businesses closing down of the Corona virus ends depends on how hard or badly hit the business is before it can talk of closing down or not

Businesses closing down of the Corona virus ends depends on how hard or badly hit the business is before it can talk of closing down or not
Most business will close you to lock down like business that has to do with clubs hotels we're closed down during lockdown because of social distance law.

There were a lot of businesses that had to stay stagnant in a long time and even incurred kisses that had to force them to close the

Most business closes down during the pandemic period and I also some business that do not close down, most business that are into medical and food are those ones that are not likely to close down because of high demand

A lot of business collapsed during the lockown but some people were smart enough to adapt to the chanced contest. They started delivering online services.

It's hard to say what the long term economic impact of COVID-19 will be on businesses. I think some sectors will be at higher risk than others, for example, Airlines & Night Clubs. If there is another national lockdown, we'll be seeing further damage to the hospitality industry. Time will tell, but I'm hoping the slow recovery will take no longer than two years.
One thing that I want everyone to know and be sure about is that the coronavirus pandemic is never going away completely although it might reduce but can never go away completely because the rate at which it has penetrated the world population is just too deep for you to go and then there are cases of parents that are sweeping all over the world right now making all the grasses that have been manufactured to be less effective against it.

A lot of businesses closed down after th lifting up of the lockdown because they had no revenue to recover the lost time the lockdown brought.

Despite the lockdown during the pandemic, there are still offline businesses that survives in my country. Groceries stores, pharmacy stores eateries and canteen were never closedown once they adhere to covid19 protocols.

Despite the lockdown during the pandemic, there are still offline businesses that survives in my country. Groceries stores, pharmacy stores eateries and canteen were never closedown once they adhere to covid19 protocols.
It is only a selected offline business that will still be available during that time, this is to ensure that people do not gather so much in one location to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

So long as those businesses where able to survive during the pandemic heat season, I don't see any reason why they should close down now when it's almost over.

I mean you have to close down my father died because schools in our country just decided to stay open and then he got infected and it took days for the infection to manifest so businesses should find other Means of doing business

There are a lot of businesses that might not be able to survive after the lockdown and a lot remains to be single so just how long the pandemic is going to last.

Business can never close down as far as people constantly has wants and needs. We thank God the lock down is over and people and business can go on as before

Some government are imposing 24-hours coffew on the citizen. When this happens everybody is going to stay indoor and no business happening.

So many of line business closed down because of the pandemic they were affected because of the social distance rule that was put in place by the government.

Yeah I think many business were closed because of the pandemic and I think after the pandemic there might not lockdown as everyone might be asked to follow covid protocols

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks