What's new

Can you sue someone for making claims about you on Twitter that are not true?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I often see people on Twitter label people in a way that could be damaging to their reputation and can cost them their job or future jobs which could greatly impact their life. Could you actually sue individuals over this? Or do they have to be someone that is considered a public figure or a corporation itself doing it?

I often see people on Twitter label people in a way that could be damaging to their reputation and can cost them their job or future jobs which could greatly impact their life. Could you actually sue individuals over this? Or do they have to be someone that is considered a public figure or a corporation itself doing it?
Sabotaging my name or my image is the last thing someone will ever do to me. I can actually sue the person with the last money that I have on me. I will surely do that.

It is possible to sue someone who is spreading propaganda about me. The difficulty involved is how to get hold of such person because they exist in the digital space.

You can definitely sue someone for saying something that is untrue about you on Twitter or any other social media platforms. You reserve the right to do such under the law.

I won't sue him right away. I would tell him to go and refute those false claims. If he refuses to do that, then I would sue him and ask for a hefty sum as damages. People have to use social media fairly.

Actually it depends on the kind of terms he used but I believe based on the legal system, it's a deformation of character which you have the legal authority to sue him to order of the court.

I will definitely do that if such will affect my reputation in the society.

It is difficult to sue for things like these. Well, I can sue a person for saying bad things about me if the person is based in my home country, however, I cannot travelk to the US to fight a legal case if the person is based in the US.

Anyone that's sharing lies against you on social media is doing it for singular reason of tarnishing your name and that of your business. Hence, you should not joke with anybody that try this with you. Sueing such person will help to clean yourself from any wrong doing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back