What's new

Can you sue a family member because of credit default?

Henrywrites

Service Manager
Staff member
Team Manager
Staff of the Month
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 4, 2021
USD
$10.2600USD
Biznotes
Lending money to family members is sometimes frowned at by some of the legal practitioners that I know. The reason might be because they don't think it is cool to go into a legal tussle with a family member. Can you drag money lent to a family member in court?

There are some people I can't borrow big money. Family and friends. I can only any of my family members or friends the money I can overlook. Some people can do it, but I can't sue a family member or friend because of debt. That's why it's better not to borrow family members a money you can't overlook.

You can absolutely drag money lent to a family member in court. The law doesn't care if it's a family member or not. The only thing that matters is that you are owed money, and that you can prove it.

If you lend someone money, and they don't pay it back, you have a few options. If the amount of money is small (like under $3,000), then you can sue them in small claims court. If the amount of money is larger than $3,000 but less than $25,000, then you would need to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit through the civil courts system. And if it's over $25,000? Then you might need to hire an attorney anyway!

The tricky part about dragging money lent to a family member in court is proving how much interest has accrued on that debt over time, especially if there isn't any written documentation of the loan agreement between the two parties involved (which would have been required if they'd taken out a formal loan). In these cases, it helps to have witnesses who saw both parties agree on terms of repayment at some point before or during the lending took place; otherwise, there may not be enough evidence for either party's case unless one side backs down first.

To avoid such situation that is why I try as much as possible to lend money I can easily overlook to a family member or friend. I prevent any issues pertaining family affect my business.

Well in some countries where there is civilization one can Sue anyone of his family or relatives who try to fraud him or her, or even borrowed money but do not want to pay back.

One of the things that we have to understand about the issue of lending out money to persons that are in need,is that we are not professionals in the act of lending money,so it should be put at the back of our mind that we give out what we can afford to loss.

Even though business knows no family or friends the truth is we are humans and suing a family member because of credit is something I would not advice.
The best way is to keep the credit given to a family member as minimum as possible

As far as I am concerned I can't sue the family members because of my business matters. I think we can sit down and settle the issue as family members. I find it more inconveniently to do that to a sibling

They truth is family member giving them loan depends on they size and price attach to it we believe that loan have to follow legal procedure and manner to which to avoid scam and fraud but money needs to follow laws and rules

It's not ideal morally even though business men or women wouldn't have anything against that but it's better to forego such issues when they are brought up, you can overlook because of bond that exists among you guys.

you can sue a family member if you believe that they need to repay for something they owe you, but before that it is advisable you try to resolve it with the internal family mechanism, if that does not work then you proceed to court.

Family is family but take note I won’t let no member of the family to take my leniency to be my weak point. And when this happens and we talk and I don’t see no improvement then I think I must proceed to court

but truthfully if you embark on suing the family member it would definitely result to bad blood for life between you and that family member, so it is advisable you do not even reach that stage at first.

I don't think it makes sense for me to take my family member to the court of law. The only thing we will do is to settle the matter within the family amicably so that everybody will be happy.

Lending money to family members is sometimes frowned at by some of the legal practitioners that I know. The reason might be because they don't think it is cool to go into a legal tussle with a family member. Can you drag money lent to a family member in court?
I don't personally find it logical for someone like me to sue my close relative in court. The only approach we will undertake is to work out an acceptable compromise inside the household so that everyone is satisfied

According to §805(b) of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, it is illegal for debt collectors to call your family members to discuss your debt. Being in debt is stressful. And you can feel even worse when your family finds out about your financial situation. Knowing your rights will help you protect yourself from illegal and harmful debt collection practices.

Only if there is a contract. If you have no contract or legal proof of the debt needing to be owed, you cannot do anything about it. Unless you can prove they stole it from you, if that is the case.

You cannot drag a family member to court because of the money you lend out for him. The issue can not be forget by the family of this man and the entire family as a whole.

To avoid such situation that is why I try as much as possible to lend money I can easily overlook to a family member or friend. I prevent any issues pertaining family affect my business.
That is just it,when it comes to the issue of money and you lending to outsiders and even family members,you should always give out what you can afford to let go,because some persons might default.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back