What's new

Can you sue a company for firing you over vaccination refusal?

I am not going to sue anyone for anything, they have their reasons for firing me and I would just go straight ahead to continue with my life because job is not everything in life.

No body is entitled to sue any organization or person on failure to abide by the Constitution governing the organization. Not taking a vaccine is rule violation and you being fired is very proper.

No body is entitled to sue any organization or person on failure to abide by the Constitution governing the organization. Not taking a vaccine is rule violation and you being fired is very proper.
exactly, you do not have any legal basis to sue anyone following your negligence to follow lay down procedures that governs an organization or establishment where you work.

exactly, you do not have any legal basis to sue anyone following your negligence to follow lay down procedures that governs an organization or establishment where you work.

If I were the owner of a company, I would never ever require my employees to get vaccinated. It is their choice and I think that it should be respected. I would not fire someone over that.

Vaccination is not compulsory so it you refuse to do it and a company fires you, you can sue it
Not really. You can sue, but if the government is your country is pro-vaccination, you won't win the case. You will also be spending time and money unnecessarily which could have been used to get another job.

Vaccination is not compulsory so it you refuse to do it and a company fires you, you can sue it
For a company to fire its worker for not being vaccinated that simply means it's mandatory or compulsory to be vaccinated. In that case, you don't have any legal right to sue that company for firing you why because it's you that violates an order.

From my understanding, if the company you are working for has stated and it is in writing that you need to be vaccinated and it is mandatory or they will take action against you then if you refuse to get vaccinated they can fire you and you will not have any grounds really to stand on if you choose to sue. You would of course have to be alerted to their mandatory request and would be given an option to agree or not which means if you agreed and still did not get vaccinated, you are in the wrong, not the company you work for.

From my understanding, if the company you are working for has stated and it is in writing that you need to be vaccinated and it is mandatory or they will take action against you then if you refuse to get vaccinated they can fire you and you will not have any grounds really to stand on if you choose to sue. You would of course have to be alerted to their mandatory request and would be given an option to agree or not which means if you agreed and still did not get vaccinated, you are in the wrong, not the company you work for.
This is absolutely brilliant, I truly agree with your points.
You have no legal advantage if you go ahead to sue the company despite being warned beforehand.

I don't think there is any court of the law that can accept any appeal of such cases, being fired for not being vaccinated is rule violation of the company and that saves right.

I wouldnt do that, the odds are on their favor and the chance of winning the case is minimal.
It is not advisable to do such, just look for another job
I can't sue the company I am working for over refusal of taking vaccinated for covid-19 , though i have the right to sue them because they dont have the right to terminate my appointment .

I know in 2020 and 2021, a lot of people got fired from their jobs because they didn't want to get vaccinated. For some it was just a choice, for others it was a religious decision.

Do you know if someone in this position can sue and win? I am asking for a friend who has since lost his house because he was out of work for several months because they terminated him.
It really depens on the country and if the company included this in their guidelines if so then you can't sue them and win and it's really hard to sue a company also I don't think it's worth it because your friend can lose money trying to sue them also the government thinks that most peaple should be vaccinated so it would be really hard to win

Hey, I was also interested to know and upon researching, though it may differ from country to country, employers have the power under labor laws to determine their own terms and conditions of employment; if a worker does not agree, a corporation can fire them. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, this also applies to COVID-19 immunizations. It is, nevertheless, open to requests for accommodation based on medical necessity or sincerely held religious views.

Check more here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-refusal-employment-firing-mandate/
I will not be able to sue any company that fired me because I did not get to vaccinated because we all have been advised to do so and we need to follow the laws of the government

I will not be able to sue any company that fired me because I did not get to vaccinated because we all have been advised to do so and we need to follow the laws of the government
This sounds awful but if it’s really the policy or being required by law, then we need to follow.

This sounds awful but if it’s really the policy or being required by law, then we need to follow.
Exactly
I know some people who do not seem to be cool with the process of vaccination but they had to get vaccinated because it is requested by their workplace and they don't have any choice.

Yes. You can definitely sue a company for firing you over vaccination refusal, but there are a few conditions that must be met.

First, you have to be able to prove that the company discriminated against you based on your refusal to get vaccinated. This means you have to have proof that they wouldn't have fired you if it weren't for your objection to getting the vaccine. For example, if there was an outbreak of measles at the company and only employees who had already been vaccinated were permitted to work, then this would be evidence that they were discriminating against those who refused vaccinations. It's also possible that the employee could provide evidence of a hostile work environment. For instance, if they were harassed or treated differently because of their refusal to get vaccinated.

Second, you must show that you suffered damages as a result of being fired or discriminated against by your employer (including lost wages). This can sometimes be difficult because companies usually don't tell employees why they're being fired or why they're being treated differently than other employees. However, there's always an argument that can be made in these situations—such as proving how much money was lost due to losing one's job and having trouble finding new employment.
Currently now, no company would fire you for not getting vaccinated, at least that is the case for most countries as the coronavirus threat has greatly reduced for most countries.

If the company has clearly started the mandatory vaccination rule in the document, you cannot sue the company for firing you for not complying with their vaccination rule.

If the company has clearly started the mandatory vaccination rule in the document, you cannot sue the company for firing you for not complying with their vaccination rule.

This is true. If there is an update to their policy and you read it and agreed, suing them will definitely mean wasting your time at the end of the day. You can only sue, if they told you nothing about it at all.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back