What's new

Can you sue a company for firing you over vaccination refusal?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know in 2020 and 2021, a lot of people got fired from their jobs because they didn't want to get vaccinated. For some it was just a choice, for others it was a religious decision.

Do you know if someone in this position can sue and win? I am asking for a friend who has since lost his house because he was out of work for several months because they terminated him.

Hey, I was also interested to know and upon researching, though it may differ from country to country, employers have the power under labor laws to determine their own terms and conditions of employment; if a worker does not agree, a corporation can fire them. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, this also applies to COVID-19 immunizations. It is, nevertheless, open to requests for accommodation based on medical necessity or sincerely held religious views.

Check more here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-refusal-employment-firing-mandate/

I get that it's your friend's choice whether or not he get vaccinated. However, whenever you fill out the paperwork for your employer you have to follow their guidelines in order to continue working with them, and if it's in their guidelines that getting the vaccine is a requirement then it's either get the vaccine or find a new job. I highly doubt he'd win the case, and honestly he would probably lose money even trying to bring this to court which could hurt him even more.

It depends on the country labour law. The law guiding the people working in that country. As for me, I don't think I can sue them because refusing to get vaccinated is disobedient. It's like risking other employees life because of selfish interest. If there's genuine reason why I don't want to be vaccinated, I will let the company know.

Yes. You can definitely sue a company for firing you over vaccination refusal, but there are a few conditions that must be met.

First, you have to be able to prove that the company discriminated against you based on your refusal to get vaccinated. This means you have to have proof that they wouldn't have fired you if it weren't for your objection to getting the vaccine. For example, if there was an outbreak of measles at the company and only employees who had already been vaccinated were permitted to work, then this would be evidence that they were discriminating against those who refused vaccinations. It's also possible that the employee could provide evidence of a hostile work environment. For instance, if they were harassed or treated differently because of their refusal to get vaccinated.

Second, you must show that you suffered damages as a result of being fired or discriminated against by your employer (including lost wages). This can sometimes be difficult because companies usually don't tell employees why they're being fired or why they're being treated differently than other employees. However, there's always an argument that can be made in these situations—such as proving how much money was lost due to losing one's job and having trouble finding new employment.

Before you try to sue the company you have to first of all check if that was included in their guideline so you won't loose at the end. In some other countries it was the government that threatened to drop out employees who won't get vaccinated.

When it comes to the issue of vaccination,one should understand that these are not the policies of the company,it is a global thing,so it is mandatory for the individual to give himself forward for vaccination.

I wouldnt do that, the odds are on their favor and the chance of winning the case is minimal.
It is not advisable to do such, just look for another job

My take on this is that I can actually not do that. According to the WHO guidelines on the same, states that anyone shall not be forced to take a COVID 19 vaccine as the vaccine administered to a person at their voluntarily will. Therefore I can just move on.

this would depend on so many factors which you have to take into consideration before deciding to take the legal angle, like for instance do the laws of that particular country empowers businesses to sack whoever that does not comply with the vaccination.

this would depend on so many factors which you have to take into consideration before deciding to take the legal angle, like for instance do the laws of that particular country empowers businesses to sack whoever that does not comply with the vaccination.
Indeed without considering the diverse angles one might end up wasting there time energy and resources by futilely sue-ing the employers that have the odds in their favor.
These diverse angles needs careful consideration.

You can actually sue any entity or body for anything but it doesn't mean that you will win the case. Your company have the right to sack you if you refuse to be vaccinated because government even support that everybody should get vaccinated

I know in 2020 and 2021, a lot of people got fired from their jobs because they didn't want to get vaccinated. For some it was just a choice, for others it was a religious decision.

Do you know if someone in this position can sue and win? I am asking for a friend who has since lost his house because he was out of work for several months because they terminated him.
I think due to the legalities involved in the vaccination, it would be very hard for a person to sue the organization in court and be declared victorious regardless of religious doctrine or affiliation

I dont think you have the legal right to sue your company for firing you because you refused to take the covid-19 vaccination because the government has mandated it for everybody to take the injection.

I don’t think so because the government has made it clear that everybody in the country should be vaccinated. And now you can travel outside the country only if you have been vacinated. So you have no right to sue a company because you did not even abide by the laws of the land

Vaccination is not compulsory so it you refuse to do it and a company fires you, you can sue it

in my country, i do not believe you have such powers to sue your company for been sacked over your refusal to be vaccinated, as the government has made it mandatory for every citizen to be vaccinated.

I'm not sure this will hold water. Vaccination was mandatory at some point to ensure you're not only protected but don't transmit the virus to others; if it's found you didn't take vaccine, you could lose out.

It depends on the country labour law. The law guiding the people working in that country. As for me, I don't think I can sue them because refusing to get vaccinated is disobedient. It's like risking other employees life because of selfish interest. If there's genuine reason why I don't want to be vaccinated, I will let the company know.
That is one of the reason one need to know and understand the company policy,so that that they will not be having issues with the management,it is good to abide with their rules.

Vaccination is mandatory stated by the government and by the company so refusal of abiding by the mandate is going against the companies standards. There is no way a fired worker can sue the company and win but rather end up being prosecuted.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back