Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So this may be an odd question, but is it possible to rank in Facebook's search? I know Facebook now lets you search for many things, mostly all housed on Facebook of course, but it seems to heave a wealth of information at ones fingertips. With that being said, is it possible to rank on Facebook Search? Or does facebook only search for content on facebook?

So what can you do to rank better in Facebook search? Be conscious of your keywords and the placement of them whether they're brand names, product names, etc… Add them to the key spots such as in the name field and description fields. Be aware of Facebook's guidelines, however.

Ranking on facebook works on simple metrics, for example the name used for the page or group,and the hash tags. Let say you are trying to search keto diet on facebook. Facebook will display the pages or groups using keto diet on the name, or the content using keto diet hash tags.

It looks like you have answered your own question that Facebook search is only for the database of Facebook. Now it makes me wonder what kind of ranking you are talking about. The only time that I would use the search function in Facebook is when I am looking for a particular person or for a certain Facebook Page or Facebook Group. There is no search for data that is outside Facebook so there is practically no basis for the ranking.

Social media platforms generally are a good form SEO ranking and Facebook being one the leading social media platform is a good one.
If you want to further boost the SEO of your website you shouldn't ignore the power of social media. Facebook can help you get high-quality backlinks and increase the authority that your domain has. This can help you be on Google's first page for certain keywords and you can benefit from more traffic.

When you are searching for a group or page on Facebook, once you start typing you'll the list of groups or pages that bear such name, starting from the most searched one on Facebook. But this is only useful when you're on Facebook.

I don't know if it affects your site or helps rank you outside of Facebook or anything like that.

Without much research on this, most answers will be based on our speculations.

What I notice is that the keywords you frequently use on your page or group causes it to be higher.

Another factor might be the engagement you get.

Use keywords – As with your website, your wording and keyword placing will easily and accurately allow search engines to understand what is your page. You will find the exact keywords or phrases (called "longtail keywords") more people are using when looking for companies like yours through Google's keyword planner.

The ranking system of Facebook is quite different from that of Google. It is more obvious to know the ranking signal of Google search but that of Facebook is hard to determine. Just like you ask, Facebook search brings results from Facebook pages only no additional source. If you need more traffic to your website, you can work on search engine optimization.

Facebook has so much query volume now (one billion searches a day) that it would turn into the number two search engine overnight (behind Google). Google sees approximately 100 billion searches per month globally, and if Mark’s statistics are correct, then Facebook would come out of the gates at approximately 30 billion searches per month.

Facebook has the ability to handle search in a different way than Google or Bing. They believe the power of your friends could drive the answers you require. I started to think about their quotes as soon as I heard them, and it was easy to see that Facebook search can definitely get interesting for webmasters, SEO’s, Social Media Marketers, and Paid Search Marketers.

Facebook has so much query volume now (one billion searches a day) that it would turn into the number two search engine overnight (behind Google). Google sees approximately 100 billion searches per month globally, and if Mark’s statistics are correct, then Facebook would come out of the gates at approximately 30 billion searches per month.

Claim your vanity URL. Complete your profile. .Use keywords – where appropriate.. Get a local verification badge. Add links to your Facebook page on your website and blog. Post timely, interesting content on a regular basis.

Facebook search is only for internal search. Facebook search is mainly used to find people, pages, and communities within the facebook. IN order to be discovered by facebook search you need to use unique username and provide specific description to your page or community.

So this may be an odd question, but is it possible to rank in Facebook's search? I know Facebook now lets you search for many things, mostly all housed on Facebook of course, but it seems to heave a wealth of information at ones fingertips. With that being said, is it possible to rank on Facebook Search? Or does facebook only search for content on facebook?
this is really a great post. For a while I have been thinking of something related to this. I hope I get the right answer the question bothering me. I hope people see the importance of this platform beyond the monetary value.

I know facebook has many search options and engine, but all you can search on Facebook is things that is mainly on Facebook who you can search everything on all other search engines like Google, devilfinder e.t.c

Facebook search is only for internal search and the ranking works only for internal search. IN other words, you cannot search for the things that exist away from facebook. Search results display content that appears only on facebook.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back