What's new

Can the government make pension schemes a must.

You are right, most companies would find a way to sack their employees before they get to 10 years, if the government should make such law, I know it will not work in my country
True. This is a plan that obviously wouldn't work in most developing countries. I think this can only work in developed countries that care about their citizens well being.

I really don't think this is possible to some extent. Since it's not the government that help them establish their business I really don't think government have the right to make such decision
In the Philippines the government has an agency that acts like an insurance company which handles the pension system of the workers in the private companies. There is a monthly contribution that is required by the government for the employee to pay with a corresponding share by the employer. After 10 years of contribution the employee can have a pension when he reaches 60 years old.

Of course it can if it wants to. We're talking about the federal government of a country here. If they think they should make it compulsory for certain size of private sector owned companies to pay pensions, they only need the backing of the Senate to make law

It is going to be very difficult for governments to make pension scheme compulsory for everyone. The reason is that not everyone is working under the government

Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.

Yes, I believe that the government should pas such a law that makes it mandatory for companies to pay pensions. There are already many companies in my countries that do not pay pension to their employees after they have served the company for a long time. This is wrong and this must change.

Do you think the government can pass a law stating that any company or establishment that meets a certain industry standard must create pension schemes for their employees who are going to work with them for say a minimum of 10years. Do you think that is feasible. I think what the private companies will do is to just sack their employees before they reach that time period. Perhaps it is possible for the government to make sure that all companies have a compulsory pension schemes for their workers???.
The government coming up with such decision it will really make many private companies not to allow most stuff to complete 10 years, so it will not work.

In the Philippines the government has an agency that acts like an insurance company which handles the pension system of the workers in the private companies. There is a monthly contribution that is required by the government for the employee to pay with a corresponding share by the employer. After 10 years of contribution the employee can have a pension when he reaches 60 years old.
Is that both the employee and the employer contribute to this scheme, then at the end of the day the employee takes the pension?. Also is it mandatory for every employer to do that?

In my country right now it is permitted by law that every employee should create pension schemes. This is only applicable for government workers as the private sector normally ignore this.

Is that both the employee and the employer contribute to this scheme, then at the end of the day the employee takes the pension?. Also is it mandatory for every employer to do that?
That is right. The government has forced the employer to pay half of the contribution. Isn't it nice for our government to give preference to the workers? No company had complained about that contribution for the benefit of the employee. For government workers that is also the case.

That is right. The government has forced the employer to pay half of the contribution. Isn't it nice for our government to give preference to the workers? No company had complained about that contribution for the benefit of the employee. For government workers that is also the case.
Wow that is nice, also the fact that the companies aren't complaining about this development shows that most of the companies do care about the employees welfare.

Yes it is very possible for the government to ensure that and they must also try to enforce it by going round the private companies to so some enquiries so they will be sure they are doing the right thing

It is true that government can make pension scheme a must for the people. But this is only applicable to those who are on their payroll. Self-employed people can do things on their own.

This is possible to do on the part of the government.
The pension scheme would be helpful as well; at least workers do not get to retire, only to go home and do nothing for themselves.
Post automatically merged:

Pension schemes are compulsory for government workers.
But the government can enforce pension schemes on both sectors (public and private). So that all retiring workers can have what to fall back to.

Last edited:
I am sure they can, and if they can enforce it, it will still be of benefit to us.
Right now, only government workers are eligible for a pension.
The private sector workers seem left out.

This is possible to do on the part of the government.
The pension scheme would be helpful as well; at least workers do not get to retire, only to go home and do nothing for themselves.
Post automatically merged:

Pension schemes are compulsory for government workers.
But the government can enforce pension schemes in both sectors (public and private). So that all retiring workers can have what to fall back to.
I agree, I think it would be beneficial for the workers especially workers in the private sector who have dedicated a lot of years to work for a company, only to get sacked abruptly without compensation.

In my country there is a pension law that regulates all matters relating to pension both in the public and private sector. So far an organisation has up to ten workers they must be enrolled under the pension scheme and 5% of monthly salary will be deducted and another 5% will be contributed monthly by the employer to the workers pension fund account.

I dont know about other countries but in Nigeria , If you are working under the federal government, then pension scheme is a must for you as a government worker.

This is not really a bad idea though, but my problem is that, in some countries, even as the workers money is being deducted monthly as pension, it will still not be given to them completely after retirement. Or the retirees will even be owed or delay to be paid their own saved money.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back