What's new

Can pension salary be enough to build a house for a retiree??

Their are countries that pays their retirees considerable amount of salary as a reward for the years dedicated during their active service career. While some countries pay their retirees less salary after bowing out of service.

Do you think that the salaries they pay this pensioners will be enough for them to build a 3 bed room flat apartment well furnished??
Most times, the salary they pay pensioners is very small. And if this is the case it would be difficult for them to use the money to build a 3 bed room flat apartment that is well furnished. Unless, they receive money that is close to their basic salary as pension, then they can build and furnish a flat with it.

I think it would really be about the nature of the work the retiree was into before he got retired and his designation before retiring. Although alot of retirees in my country are finding it really difficult to survive on their pensions alone let alone thinking of building a house. But, still I have seen few retired men build a house immediately after retiring but all of them had top designations where they were retired.

That's true, I don't see how civil servants under the pension scheme will build a furnished house of his or her own with the minimal salaries the government pays them. Even during their service they wouldn't even build a house of their own. Unless the government will give them loans to pay via installment, during a certain number of years.
Yes any government scheme should be start to while doing jobs so the employees can purchase land and build house with easy installment packages

The honest answer is No. The pension is not up to the amount they got paid while in service because as far as I know, it is the basic salary they get paid as pension.

Such things as building houses or buying cars or even sponsoring kids through school are better done in one's active years because pension cannot cater for those things.

I don't think pension will be able to pay salary even if it will be based on the level you went into that work. If for instance you got the job with good certificate and entered with good level and retired with good level your pension should be okay for you to build house.

Their are countries that pays their retirees considerable amount of salary as a reward for the years dedicated during their active service career. While some countries pay their retirees less salary after bowing out of service.

Do you think that the salaries they pay this pensioners will be enough for them to build a 3 bed room flat apartment well furnished??
Pension is calculated from one's salary . For example one that earns $2000 while at service can be able to earn $1200 as pension .
Thus , it depends on the amount at which the person is paid when he was in the field . If he is paid low , the pension will be lower and thus he won't achieve much with it in the end.

Pension is calculated from one's salary . For example one that earns $2000 while at service can be able to earn $1200 as pension .
Thus , it depends on the amount at which the person is paid when he was in the field . If he is paid low , the pension will be lower and thus he won't achieve much with it in the end.
That's true fact, if one was receiving higher salaries during active service years. Then much will not be reduced during his retirement years, his pension rate will still be high too. But whereby he receives low during active service years, then know that the pension salary will also be low.

Pension is a stipend paid to retiree. Therefore it is impossible for it to build house except the accumulation of it in a long run that can do so.

Pension is a stipend paid to retiree. Therefore it is impossible for it to build house except the accumulation of it in a long run that can do so.
Even the long accumulation of savings through your pension rewards can't still be enough here in my country. Unless you're rank in the civil service is high enough more than any other civil servants levels rankings. That's when you can save up to build a house.

the amount of pension that is paid differs base on company policy. The amount of pension paid in government parastater is different from the one paid in private organisations. Based on this it is undecided to say the pension would be enough for all the pensioner to build a house.

It depends what cadre the pensioner retires from because in my country a worker who retires at the permanent secretary position, so such a fellow pension can build any house of his/her choice because they pay them well

the amount of pension that is paid differs base on company policy. The amount of pension paid in government parastater is different from the one paid in private organisations. Based on this it is undecided to say the pension would be enough for all the pensioner to build a house.
I understand your points, at the moment we can't just decide if those salaries gonna be enough to build a house or not. Because it differs from other countries, my country might pay less but others pay higher. It depends on the organisation we worked for, some private companies pays more than government jobs.

Yes it can. Depending on what level you retired from work , it also depends on the organization whether is government or private, it also depends on your qualification you retired from the work with. All the above mentioned depends whether your pension salary will be enough to build a have or not, because all these determine the volume of your pension salary.

I don't really think pension monetbis enough to build a house for retirees in my country, it might be possible in other countri not in mine, because I have a lot of pensioners around, and the money then receive as pension is not even enough to feed their families not to even to talk of taking care of themselves, so pension in my country can never be enough to build a house for pensioners, it is not enough at all. it is not even enough to start a business.

I doubt if you can be able to build house with your pension, in this part of the world it's impossible because they pay pensioners stipends, however you can invest your it to generate profits for you to start up something

A retired person don't build a house with his pension money. Because if he spent money on construction of his house then their should be not enough money for his survival. He should invest in a profitable business.
After few times he should be able to build his own house easily.

It is not ideal for a pensioners to build house with their pension money because that pay is meant to cater for their needs as salary on longer come in , house is supposed to be while in active service through loan or savings, the worst is using gratuity to build a house.

Yes it can. Depending on what level you retired from work , it also depends on the organization whether is government or private, it also depends on your qualification you retired from the work with. All the above mentioned depends whether your pension salary will be enough to build a have or not, because all these determine the volume of your pension salary.
You're there, all this factors can determine so well about how a pensioner can build his or her own house. If he or she plans his salary well during the course of his or her service, by saving almost half for 10 years. I think such pensioner can use those funds to build a house.
Post automatically merged:

Most times, the salary they pay pensioners is very small. And if this is the case it would be difficult for them to use the money to build a 3 bed room flat apartment that is well furnished. Unless, they receive money that is close to their basic salary as pension, then they can build and furnish a flat with it.
Yes, that is a nice suggestion you made, concerning how they will build an apartment with their salaries. If a civil servant with long time savings pattern of his active service years. Can build a well furnished house of his own. Considering how far, he went to save and invest to make a building of his own.

Last edited:
Building a house is not a joke.it requires a lot of money which make it difficult to decide whether a pension will be enough to build a house since the amount of money paid as pension is not fixed rather varies from one individual to another.

Building a house is not a joke.it requires a lot of money which make it difficult to decide whether a pension will be enough to build a house since the amount of money paid as pension is not fixed rather varies from one individual to another.
Building a house, I mean a standard and well furnished house, can take some years of your pension to be completed. Unless one made that provisions earlier, by saving his or her salaries earlier before retirement. That's when it is said that the retiree will build a house oh his or her own.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back