What's new

Can pension salary be enough to build a house for a retiree??

In the countries I know, an average retirement reward isn't enough even to build (or buy) a 1 bed room apartment. A friend of my husband received his reward and what he could buy was an used car. Ok, his reward was a foretaste, because he is still a young man, but as he only could buy an used car, this means he could have bought a new car if he'd have the possibility to wait until pension age (he couldn't because he lost his job cause the factory' crisis). But I think a well paid prestigious job is able to generate a good retirement reward, enough to buy at least a 1 bed room apartment (in the countries I know, on sale apartments aren't furnished, only on rent apartment can be furnished).
Its quite difficult for a civil servant earning minimal amount of money to buy a brand new modern car, or build a standard three bed room flat well furnished. If the salaries for the low level servants to the top levels, it will enable them earn better and even own a house and a car that is sound.

It is believed that, the pensioner have already made plans before bowing out of retirement. The pension stipend isn't paid for building purposes but for the retiree yo take care of his or her basic needs.
As you describe @GIFTMICHAEL , the retirement benefit is usually sufficient for basic needs. That is why every public or private employee should fulfill their projects before retirement, either through savings or loans.

You have to rest assured that the money you will get as pension is smaller to the amount of money that you will be earning in active service so it will be hard.

Not all pensioners collect the same amount of pay at the end of every month. Those collecting a very fat pay can certainly build one for themselves. But not so for those collecting smaller pay

You have to rest assured that the money you will get as pension is smaller to the amount of money that you will be earning in active service so it will be hard.
That is correct @Sethbala11 , when going from active to retired, many benefits are lost, so the monthly payment decreases considerably, therefore that amount will only be enough to cover daily expenses.

As you describe @GIFTMICHAEL , the retirement benefit is usually sufficient for basic needs. That is why every public or private employee should fulfill their projects before retirement, either through savings or loans.
That's just it. We shouldn't over burden ourselves trying to build through it when we never started earlier to think about building. Retirement money for civil servants are mainly for food and medication not building new house.

If it happens as the person is receiving a huge amount of money as pension, there is nothing bad in building house from those fund. It will be hard for someone who receive pension fund that can barely last some months to build a house.

In my country with the monthly payment of a pensioner, there is no way to build a house, I think not even the walls. Perhaps with the social benefits you can start the construction of a house and with the monthly pension you can complete said construction. Pensioners are not well paid.
Building a house with pension monthly payment depends on the level of the work you are doing before you retired , 90% of the retired workers cannot build a house with pension while we still have some people who can build house with their money.

That's just it. We shouldn't over burden ourselves trying to build through it when we never started earlier to think about building. Retirement money for civil servants are mainly for food and medication not building new house.
I believe that the way to build a property after retirement is only with a business that generates large profits and you have the capital for it. If you intend to count on the pension, you will have no chance unless you have savings earmarked for that purpose.
Building a house with pension monthly payment depends on the level of the work you are doing before you retired , 90% of the retired workers cannot build a house with pension while we still have some people who can build house with their money.
That is true, although it will depend on the country of residence and your salary while you are active. In my country it is very difficult for the salary of any pensioner to have that option, unless he is one of the high governmental positions (ministers, vice ministers, rectors, etc).

Well it depends on the pension salary, because some pension salary can't even build a bungalow talk more of a storey building, but some pension salaries are high, and it varies in countries

@Sariana23 the best way to retire happily is when you hsge investment that is bringing you steady income in an autopilot mode. You won't be bothered with your low monthly pension stipend.

@Sariana23 the best way to retire happily is when you hsge investment that is bringing you steady income in an autopilot mode. You won't be bothered with your low monthly pension stipend.
It is exactly as you describe, with a good investment. For if we think of living on a pension that is insignificant in most countries, it will be a dead dream. That is why those of us who work in government entities must prepare ourselves before retirement.

It is exactly as you describe, with a good investment. For if we think of living on a pension that is insignificant in most countries, it will be a dead dream. That is why those of us who work in government entities must prepare ourselves before retirement.
You're simply right dear. We need to plan life more than just the pension stipend we'll earn in the future. Anyone hoping for that isn't ready to live a better life in the future.

You're simply right dear. We need to plan life more than just the pension stipend we'll earn in the future. Anyone hoping for that isn't ready to live a better life in the future.
Of course, before retirement! When we can strive and strive to achieve our goals, it is the right time to buy a house or build it. It is not necessary to wait for the pension for it, because it will not be enough.

Of course, before retirement! When we can strive and strive to achieve our goals, it is the right time to buy a house or build it. It is not necessary to wait for the pension for it, because it will not be enough.
Yes, we ought to have come up with such project before retirement. I wonder how a retiree will build a house using just pension stipend that isn't nowhere near earning a decent living.

Yes, we ought to have come up with such project before retirement. I wonder how a retiree will build a house using just pension stipend that isn't nowhere near earning a decent living.
The only way I see viable for this is if you have savings earmarked for this purpose, or an investment that produces profits and is projected to the manufacture or purchase of a property.

The only way I see viable for this is if you have savings earmarked for this purpose, or an investment that produces profits and is projected to the manufacture or purchase of a property.
With long time savings, and highly income generating investment, its just viable for a retiree to come up with the idea of building a house or buying a well structured apartment.

If you worked for government or a private firm for many years then your gratuity should be enough to build a house because they normally pay good money then monthly payment in form of pension.

With long time savings, and highly income generating investment, its just viable for a retiree to come up with the idea of building a house or buying a well structured apartment.
Yes, that is the way I can see it, since with the social security benefits and the monthly pension payment there is no way. Now if we talk about the high government officials, for sure they will be able to acquire the property with the pension, since their salaries are exorbitant.

It will shock you to note to that pensioners in certain countries can use their pensions to build themselves a good house but the same cannot be said for pensioners in other countries

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back