What's new

Can internet/Browsing be Free?

I don't see internet being completely free in the nearest future but I can see it's price going so down that anyone can easily afford it.
Internet is turning now to a basic necessity of life, i read on the news where it was said that Elon musk, the owner of Tesla is planning on building a project that will deliver absolutely almost free internet services to rural areas of the world.

Internet can actually be free but taxed
The government can make it accessible to everyone for free and will look for a way of incorporating a taxation policy which will be a source of financing
This can only happen in advanced countries cos it may be misused in developing countries

As far as I am concerned, browsing can never be free. Every business owner want to make profit. And this internet providers are mostly private individuals doing business. Even in advanced countries where browsing is free, government subsized the price. It is not as if they are rendering it freely.

From my little perspective of internet, it could be free but restricted to an extent in advanced world because their government made provision for it. Meanwhile in Nigeria and other African countries will never be free.

I kind of learnt it was the military that were intially using the internet before it became what it has become now,for the whole world to have access too. Since money are made naturally from the internet, it is very obvious that it can never be free except for those that knows how to go about the internet that ordinary or normal people cannot (programmer, hacker )

Concerning if internet can be free. Well, I believe it can or it is already free in some of the international countries but I dont think it can be free in my own country because a lot of telecommunication companies are making big money because everyone is always on

Internet free ???? I am very surprised because it is very difficult to get expensive internet here, so where can I get free browsing?By the way, browsing should be free, there should be charges for downloading so that access to information is free, but the internet is very expensive.Yes, there are some places where the government gives free internet like a university in Multan in Pakistan has free WiFi facility and students take advantage of it.

I kind of learnt it was the military that were intially using the internet before it became what it has become now,for the whole world to have access too. Since money are made naturally from the internet, it is very obvious that it can never be free except for those that knows how to go about the internet that ordinary or normal people cannot (programmer, hacker )

It is a business so it can never be free, how will telecommunication network survive and also pay there staffs, but hopefully it will become cheaper in the future, because it has become so necessary that a person can barely go a day without making use of the internet
Post automatically merged:

Internet price is extremely low in some countries while also relatively expensive in some other countries, internet's speed is improving and will even get better with the new 4G/5G satellites coming in.
Internet has now become part of us, that we can't do without it, almost everyone uses it both the rich and poor, young and old.

Do you think internet will be free someday?
That will most likely not be possible, telecommunication company make most of their revenue from Internet subscriptions, how Wil they pay their staff, if it is free.

Last edited:
Internet price is extremely low in some countries while also relatively expensive in some other countries, internet's speed is improving and will even get better with the new 4G/5G satellites coming in.
Internet has now become part of us, that we can't do without it, almost everyone uses it both the rich and poor, young and old.

Well if it is about being free SOMEDAY. it is possible but the day isn't known by anyone. Practically, internet can't be free because it's a source of income for some people and companies and even governments because telecommunications companies pay tax to government.

Like I said in one of the threads, internet and browsing has always been free from time but without data there is no way you can access the internet, and data is what we buy to browse the internet, so as long as we buy data internet as we see it can not be free no matter what even though it's a free service. People selling data to browse are there to make profits and it's something that will keep going on because it's a business on its own and people establish business to make profits, so with that there is no way we can be able to browse the internet free, because if you don't have data you won't be able to access or browse the internet whether on your phones or laptops no matter what. So the way I see it internet is free but you need to pay for data to access it, as long as that stands it can be said that internet can't be free.

I believe in some countries Internet is already free, which we can deduce from the fact that ln the nearest future Internet will not be paid for except some under developed countries where even 4G as not been introduced.

Looking at the amount of money that is being made from the internet, it is impossible for it to be free. The internet has succeeded in supplying information that people want to know and pay for

The internet cannot be free for the moment. Even for years to come it can not be free. This is because it is an industry on its own as it stands.

I highly doubt there will ever be free internet.

As human beings, we love free things and everything has a cost. I think there should be internet everywhere so that we can get to a point where it will be free.
It is crazy how some presidents don't even want the community to access the internet
Everything has a cost and the money we pay for it is used to run it.

I think in this aspects it depends on the server and the platforms you use to browse,but you can use it for free,it works for me.

You can get internet/browsing for free if you go to your local library. Some libraries require a library card in their system before you get to sign up to use the computers though so you'll need to inquire first about that. You won't have as much privacy as at home and you are limited in time to use the computer but it's free.

Internet can never be free...if not for the internet..alot of telecommunication companies would have run down cos they make alot of money from internet users and that's how they expand and maintain their company
Yeah true they won't have the fasilities they would make use of to develop And maintain the company and that would be a big issue

Why not ? As an undergraduate my college back then provided us with free internet as long as you're on the campus, so if they can I don't see why the government can't

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back