What's new

Buying & selling a property where a death happened

Personally, I will say if the house is not connected to any criminal case but just the normal death of the owner then I don't see anything wrong if someone buys it. But just as someone already stated above, there are some people or country that read so much meaning to it. But to me, it means nothing. It is just my opinion.

Personally, I will say if the house is not connected to any criminal case but just the normal death of the owner then I don't see anything wrong if someone buys it. But just as someone already stated above, there are some people or country that read so much meaning to it. But to me, it means nothing. It is just my opinion.
To be honest, I am not afraid of ghosts nor a house claimed to be haunted. However, I have to think of my family that they might not be comfortable upon knowing that someone died in the house. Especially the younger generation whose imaginations are strong, I would not buy that house.

I will always ensure to do some background check so I don't fall prey. Even if the house is up for free, I won't take the giveaway!

Selling a house where a murder happened or where someone died of a natural cause or murder might sometimes pose a problem. People do have some superstitious believes sometimes and might not be inclined to want to buy such an apartment
The superstition of the death coming to haunt the new owner of the house is what the people in my tribe believe, but such doesnt happen in the western world , you are free to buy any house if you acquire it lawfully.

Frankly speaking on this subject of discussion today, there are people that will never buy a building where a death occured. They are the very superstitious type of people

If after asking questions from neighborhood and am told that any incubor spirit or human was killed
Post automatically merged:

Buying or selling a house at where murder happen I don't think there's anything wrong with it , except the person is being buried there,then it's a No for me...

Last edited:
You are not obligated to give the history but people will always demand to know everything about the property that they wish to acquire.

Well in this part of this world where I am,it is at a disadvantage. This is because it is believed that the house would be haunted by the ghost of the dead

Selling a house where a crime has happened before will be very difficult to get a reasonable buyer around. Once People know about the history of sure building, they may tend to pull away and rather get a building with a clean history. Selling such building might not actually give the seller the reasonable profit as compare without such perception.

When it comes to selling a house, do you have worse luck if you're trying to sell a house where a person died? Maybe it was murder. And speaking of which, would you even buy a house where someone died, either by natural causes or murder?

I honestly don't know. I can't imagine that you are even required to tell people if someone died there. I imagine with murder it's different. If you sell a house, are you obligated to give the houses history to people?
Some person might ask questions and you will be obliged to tell them while some don't have time but buying a death man house to me it depends on the conditions at which the person die that will determine if I will buy or not

When it comes to selling a house, do you have worse luck if you're trying to sell a house where a person died? Maybe it was murder. And speaking of which, would you even buy a house where someone died, either by natural causes or murder?

I honestly don't know. I can't imagine that you are even required to tell people if someone died there. I imagine with murder it's different. If you sell a house, are you obligated to give the houses history to people?
For me, I feel it depends on the reason for the death. If such death is mysterious and cannot be traced to anything natural,I wouldn't advice anybody to buy or live in such a place.
And yes, it is important for one to know the history of a house before moving in.

It is necessary to give a full details of the property that you wish to sell to the proposed buyer.
Yes you are obligated to give all the details about the property

This is something that I will feel very reluctant to do because a lot of people attached this incident to different things and I might struggle to get a buyers.

Well maybe in a case where the buyer need to make an enquiry about the historical records of the property, then to sincerely tell him or her the truth will be nice

Mist properties with dead victims are usually left deserted in my locality but the few that sells is being sold at a lower value price but I would not sell such property if it were me because I wouldn't want to live in one.

Most people get to know the history of the place or land they want to purchase fine no problem,but it is wrong to give the history of a place to buyers expecially if it has to do with murder case

It really depends on the person buying the property. As for me I'll never buy a property where death occurred except nobody told me. I really don't like it and it's scary

some people attach a special importance to such things in my country, imagine a house with a grave probably that of the owner of the house, the family wanted to sell the house but getting a buyer became a very difficult task just because of that grave. To me it means nothing.
I have also seen a similar situation and the property was there for a very long time without anyone ready to purchase it even at a low price, that was when I knew how people can be so attached to superstitious believes

General it is a bad omen. Lot of people don't do it because people are afraid of the dead coming back or people are afraid of what will happen when they are not at home or in the night so a lot of people don't get this kind of property but if you are a risk taker you can do it

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back