What's new

Buying old domains: Things to remember

To play safe, register your own domain name instead of buying old domains. If the domains were used for illegal works in the past, you will be in trouble.
I subscribe to this your idea as well. There are ways to register hot, in demand domain names if you do your research well.
You'd even feel more satisfied that way. Watching your success and progress from the scratch.

If you have plans of monetizing the website then checking the domain authorisation is very important so that you can know how the website is likely to perform in search. A very good domain with a handful backlinks might also be of help.

It is also good to check out for spam backlinks on the domain name you want to buy. There is no point in buying a domain name that has already attracted and I'll say from Google search engine.

I think that the most important one is the blacklist because there is a lot of people that tend to sell their website after they are experiencing problems with it and therefore you need that sense of transparency.

Well now a days Link Authority and backlinks can be ignorable after major changes in Google algorithm but yes it is good to check if it is not banned and have any problems in past as many people have problems with site and often sell it without telling.

There is not a lot of transparency when it comes to these online sites as well because people are jsut trying to offload sites at a profit and so they do not disclose the concerns.

Yes and sometime they create fake reports and buy spamming things to increase some numbers which can be easily increase value of domain and we might buy it for higher price.

That is true as well however i think that there are some people that offer services where they can do an in depth review of a site for you to have all the information at your disposal.

It's better to stick with the new domain name. Buy only if you really need the old domain name. Always check to see whether they are blacklisted. And do a google search to see what kind of data was hosted on the site previously to get an understanding of what kind of users this name would attract.

You're right as buying old domain means you gain something but it also comes with bad things specially you said that blacklisted or reported as spam so always better use new domain.

There are a lot of sites that are out there that will be able to analyze the domain in order to tell you if there are any concerns with the blacklisting of the site.

Sedo has some gems on old domains... personallyl though I prefer all the new Donuts domain names. Not as glamorous as a .com but you can get some really interesting extensions these days.

Looks like I should avoid buying old domains. Why should I pay extra for a domain? I do not see any reasons on this because I do not have any plans to run big websites.

There are a few domains that already attract a lots of traffic as it might be old. However, you must check if the owner of the domain was not involved in any kind of pyramid scheme or a scam.

To play safe, register your own domain name instead of buying old domains. If the domains were used for illegal works in the past, you will be in trouble.
Old domains has a lot of advantages over new domains. Seo expert advice about using old domain to create a website. As for the point you raise, the software to check what the domain was used for before it expired. It will show the on it and when it's registered.

blacklisted
A lot of people overlook this. I am not sure why they do this but they don't think to check the status of the site before buying. This is the first thing I would check as it would basically void the site and make it very hard to gain new traffic.

Well, I have no experience in domains before, but if we have enough money to buy new domains, then why do we need to buy old domains? We don't know where these old domains are used, so it's better to buy new domains.

Well, I have no experience in domains before, but if we have enough money to buy new domains, then why do we need to buy old domains? We don't know where these old domains are used, so it's better to buy new domains.
Old domains are not cheap, it will cost you as much as new domains. By old domains I mean a domain someone registered and then later dropped (expired domains). Old domains also means a domain registered a long time ago, and some one stills renews it.

Old domain names might be expensive to purchase but they have some advantages. Since the domain registrars keep them alive, they may retain their value such as traffic and backlinks. This might be beneficial to a new blog owner. However one should investigate if a domain name is blacklisted before purchasing.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back