What's new

Buying old domains: Things to remember

Looks like I should avoid buying old domains. Why should I pay extra for a domain? I do not see any reasons on this because I do not have any plans to run big websites.
It can be possible if you buy a ready website means website owner sell website to you like a blog or forum and this is common then you save time to popularize it you find everything ready.

People who buy old or expired domains do that to later on sell for profits. Some have been lucky enough to hit the jackpot with the domains they bought.
Before buy a domain you have to google if the owner admin has no previous bad experience because some sites where scam then rebuy this domain people will think from first while this is same scammer running his website again.

Buying an old domain might have its own advantage and disadvantages. However, creating a new domain and working hard to make it popular can also bring you benefits. New domains are quite unique. No one knows all the history of old domains and what they were used for.

Buying an old domain might have its own advantage and disadvantages. However, creating a new domain and working hard to make it popular can also bring you benefits. New domains are quite unique. No one knows all the history of old domains and what they were used for.
New domains can be not unique because most of domain name have similarity you can find same domain name with same name but different extension but some of them are unique like you say.

New domains can be not unique because most of domain name have similarity you can find same domain name with same name but different extension but some of them are unique like you say.

While it is possible that even new doamins can be similar to the old ones, but there is always a possibility to check the uniqueness of the domain before creating the domain and see how unique it is, actually.

Nice tips you stated up there are I add that you can choose another extension name probably one that ends with your country

Well seems there is a lot to look out for when buying used domains and also that can't be helped and lots of people have done this well too with no issues at the end of the day

Even though aged domains and expired domains can have better value in terms of SEO, but there is a risk as these domains might have been used for illegal purpose. A better option is to register your own domain and work on your SEO.

Buying old domain because of names, well there are thousands of names out there just pick another, unless of cos it has too much personal link to you

Personally I don't like buying old domain but with the way things are I do buy old domain but I try to make sure the one I buy has a short link so you can also do same

Nice, it does seem that most of the domain name you can think off seems taken. I think it is important to select and buy the perfect old domain for your brand or business, I like your suggestions.

Of course there must things you must come to remember before buying old domains in order not to waste your investment. Domains that are already blacklisted is just a no no for anyone buying an old domain

Before going on buying an old domain please avoid neglecting the importance of carrying out an investigation. Look out for what that domain was used for and those who handled it in order to protect your reputation.

I'm actually not a fan of buying of old things or products. I prefer to buy my own domain, generate traffic and build it on a long-term basis.

These days any domain name you can think of seems to be already taken. Therefore, you might be thinking about buying old domain. When you are buying old domain make sure the domain that has high Domain Authority, has a lot of backlinks, has keywords, is short and easy to remember, and is not blacklisted.
Please what tools do you make use of to check number of back links, domain authority and also key word analysis like search volume.

You can go to moz website to check domain authority and page authority. For backlink and competitor analysis I use semrush. I use free version.

I have heard about alot of persons buying old domains and reselling them again, is this business really profitable and is there a business skill one needs to learn before starting?

When buying old domain name, there some some quantities we must watch out for in order not to buy a wrong name. First check the back link and make sure that the name was not being use for phonograpy before it expires so that it does not become useless.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back