Buying multiple domains at once?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know some people have done this. They would make sure to buy a few different ones and redirect to the main one, in hopes of getting more traffic from people who might misspell or misremember a website. Do you think this is still worth doing? I know it was back in the day but it seems like you are just wasting money doing it these days.

Website owners do this a lot. They buy up domains that are close to their main domain, and of course redirect the link to the main site. It's a practice that many site owners do so that all their bases are covered, as in they don't want someone else to come in, and buy a domain close to theirs and in turn copy it. I've heard of some people doing that in the hopes they could sell the domain to that person eventually.

Some people buy different versions of their name, and so on.

The thing about the main business is that you never can know which one is going to sell at any time. This is why it is advisable that you should have at least two or three that are interconnected.

It depends on how much you're spending and how many domains you're buying. If it's a couple hundred dollars, then it might not be worth it. But if you're buying a lot of them, then it could be worth it.
You are likely to get quantity discount when you buy them in large quantities from established domain name registrars. That will give you the energy to wait for a better deal in future.
But still, you really need to do your research when looking for domain names. Some will be useless for many years and they will still be eating up your money every year.

Website owners do this a lot. They buy up domains that are close to their main domain, and of course redirect the link to the main site. It's a practice that many site owners do so that all their bases are covered, as in they don't want someone else to come in, and buy a domain close to theirs and in turn copy it. I've heard of some people doing that in the hopes they could sell the domain to that person eventually.

Some people buy different versions of their name, and so on.
Yeah, I have heard this as well but I feel like for most companies or businesses, it is just a waste of money these days. A lot of people don't just type in domains anymore. They search them which will autocorrect or they keep their internet history which will autofill it.

I don't think it worth based on what you explain. But, you can still buying multiple domain to boost your website visibility. Let say, your into sir charter business now and your domain is aircharter.com. you might need to buy some domains with the keywords that people in google like helicoptercharter.com, jetcharter and other like that to redirect to your website so you won't lose customers who type into google.

This was looking okay back then but I don't think it's such a wise decision now as people are more enlightened and with the advent of link shorteners as well - you can easily direct users to your site address. This has limited errors that were usually made.

I don't see anything wrong with buying multiple domains for one's site if one has enough funds. It could be very helpful because it could help bring traffic to one's site.

It actually depend. If you redirect a quality domain that have large traffic to your website, your website will definitely receive traffic boost. So, if you want to buy domain to redirect to your website, let it be quality domain.

It is something risky because multiple domain means multiple websites means ends by abondanate some of these websites by the factor of the time.
if you are going to be the only one managing your domain then it would be very hard for you to accomplish as there is a lot of work that goes with managing multiple domain

I once bought three domains with little variation of the names. I sold two websites associated with the domain and now I am running the third website. sadly the new owners did not continue to use the website for a long time and let the domains expire.

I know some people have done this. They would make sure to buy a few different ones and redirect to the main one, in hopes of getting more traffic from people who might misspell or misremember a website. Do you think this is still worth doing? I know it was back in the day but it seems like you are just wasting money doing it these days.
For a variety of reasons, buying numerous domains can be advantageous. First, you can safeguard your brand and stop people from using identical domain names for bad intentions if you hold many domains with various extensions or slightly different phrasing. Additionally, having many domains enables you to send visitors to various websites according to their location, language, or other considerations. Finally, buying numerous domains enables you to reserve potential future domains for your website.

Buying multiple domains at once can be a good idea if you want to protect your brand and prevent others from using similar domain names. It can also be helpful if you plan on creating multiple websites or expanding your online presence in the future.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back