Business in Food Sector

Eline

BizNotes
I am thinking about opening the food sector business that can be expanded in various ways. I am as of now considering opening the business which I can do on purely social media. And after doing that I may consider setting up the manufacturing if the business stays successful. So far nothing new I can think of but I assume that in near future there are some good business we can start.

Do you know any good business in this sector?

Claraviolet

BizNotes
Business in food sector is a great idea, to be honest. Especially if you are surrounded by people who work a lot. Like people from IT field like me, schools, colleges or regular offices too.

No matter where you go, people give preference to quality food and they often opt for takeaways. So, no matter what you choose for the menu, as long as the food is delicious, the business will flourish. Of course, you will have to pay attention to the quality of the food as well. One mistake can cost a lot, so we will have to be careful always.

BizNotes
If you decide to do the "manufactured" food idea, various treats always do well. Just look at the store with things like sugar cookies with different flavor frosting, and other things like that. Recently at the store I shop at, a recent item showed up that is basically a waffle made out of honey. If you do decide to do this and decide to hook social media into it, it needs to be something unique to your area.

Nerdface

BizNotes
My friend tried to do this selling street food such as nachos, burritos, and the like.. He and his business partner travelled the country to attend various festivals, carnivals, and other similar events. It was initially doing quite well, they expanded after a year or so and invested in a second pitch so that they could each attend different locations simultaneously. Obviously some events were more profitable than others, but they generally made a decent living from it for a couple of years.

I think as time progressed, it became less sustainable as their costs went up and their sales went down. They tried selecting just their favourite and most profitable events to attend, but the feasibility of the operation was no longer there and I think my friend ended up selling his share to his business partner. Looking at the way 2020 has panned out, it looks like he was quite fortuitous to do so!

Alexander

Owner & Managing Director
Staff member
BizNotes
Operating a business in the Food Sector is a good idea, especially if you have the perfect location and know who your target audience is. You could always look at opening a franchise, preferably one that isn't already in the area otherwise you'll be competing against each other. The minimum investment is required, and this information varies on what restaurant you choose.