What's new

Bonds Vs Stocks

This is the first time that I've heard of the pairing of stocks and bonds. When you say stocks that is the stock market where the stocks are bought and sold. The bonds is the negotiable instrument that is issued by the government (usually the central bank) with a higher yield. Anyone can buy government bonds but there is a minimum purchase volume.

The same way I view stock and share is just the same way I see bond and stock, the contradict themselves and cannot do with out each other, so I don't really understand them again, that's why I said that this issue can never be over emphasised we will keep discovering them one after the other.

I would say that government bonds are the safest and have minimal risks because they are being run by government agencies and are always provided for unlike stocks that could be issued by private companies that may go bankrupt.

bonds have lower returns but better stability, while stocks typically provide a higher return opportunity in return for an investor who assumes higher risk.
Great post I must tell you.

Bond can be the process of an investor giving out money to the government or an individual in depth for them to pay back later, this is all I can say for now

I don't know much concerning bonds and have never even invested in them before. But I have invested in stocks and still holding some in my portfolio.

Bonds and various treasure bills are usually issued out by the government to fund their projets.They are for a different fixed period and the interest are fixed and paid upfront and the investments is very secure bescause it is the government directly involve.
But stock can fall and rise depending on the performance of the firm,and the interest is not fixed.

Bonds are more stable when they are compared to stocks. The reason why most people choose stocks over bonds Is because of the returns.

I answered this question this afternoon , the truth is that the both means the same thing in investment although bonds brings low returns

Bonds are loan giveen to a company so it's return will be fixed not like an invested stock inwhich follows the market to consider your return

Stocks is when you invest in a company. When you buy stock , you are buying shares of the company and you automatically own part of the business. Bonds is more or less like staking your money for a particular period of time inorder and you will earn a fixed interest.

Well I don't have much knowledge a d understanding about the difference between the stock and bond but I believe the difference given are well established I wish to have a better understanding about the operation of the two.

I think in terms of risk, stocks tend to carry more risk than bunds. Bunds usually have a fixed percentage you earn but stocks on the other hand, it's more like a person trading in the forex or crypto market. The value is not stable.

Stocks give you partial ownership in a corporation, while bonds are a loan from you to a company or government. The biggest difference between them is how they generate profit,stocks must appreciate in value and be sold later on the stock market, while most bonds pay fixed interest over tim

Bonds have a specific interest tied to it since it is all about an investor lending money to the company or government to do business for a period of one year or more. Stocks on the other hand, is like an investor buying a stake in the company on which he or she expects a certain percentage to be paid on a yearly basis.
I love your definition 4 bonds on stocks and I also learn from it. Going by your definition it is more profitable and save to invest in bonds in the capital market that stocks or what do you think?.

stocks and bonds are often paired together when talking about investments, but their risks, returns and behaviours have differences.
What is your take on them
Both are very good investment that can give you good yield.I have been oppourtune to invest in government bonds,and the good thing about it is that the profit is paid upfront and your money is guaranteed at the end of the tenor.But stock is by individual companies which declear dividends and bonus at the end of the year or quarterly.

The thing is that bonds are more secure and have lower yields compared to stocks; like I said, their security cannot be compared because it's almost impossible to make a loss.
Stocks are more short term in nature and can be as volatile because of constant price movements; their returns are also more too

I love the both of them as means of making money by investing but then I prefer to invest into stocks the more and that is because I understand them better.

The term share is mostly used for secondary share, where as stock is used for primary share. When a company offers IPO, it is basically trading on the stock market.

Bonds are debt instruments issued by agencies/companies, either private or government, complete with interest rates and information on maturity of payments. While Shares are proof of ownership of a company. Owners of share certificates are entitled to the profits the company gets according to the number of lots of shares they own. This gain in investing in stocks is called dividends. Tax on bond interest will be deducted directly by the company issuing the tax so that bondholders receive net income while shareholders must deposit the profit on dividends at the tax office.
I don't think there is an explanation better than this, stocks and bonds are completely two different things, shares means you own a stake in a company or organisation. While bonds are just a means to represent money for a specific purpose.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back