Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Mar 27, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
20191028e3ae9a694975c6240.jpg

History of Bittrex

Bittrex is one of the oldest cryptocurrency exchanges still working online as it was opened in 2013 and continue offering their service even today. Bittrex company was opened in Seattle, state Washington by Bill Shihara, ,Rami Kawach and Richie Lai, all of them working in the past on important positions for companies like Amazon or Microsoft.

Bittrex was created initially for the US traders, but it has recently opened a new platform available international for almost any country. This platform is called Bittrex Global and it can be used by all countries outside of USA.

Bittrex currently offers the following list of services :
  • Fiat deposits/withdrawals and trading
  • Good-Til-Cancelled (GTC) orders
  • Trading using leveraged tokens
  • OTC trading
  • Stop limit orders
  • Debit and credit card transactions
  • Immediate-Or-Cancel orders

What cryptocurrencies and currencies can be used on Bittrex?

Screenshot_20201123_235859.jpg

You can use Bittrex to trade more than 250 different cryptocurrencies and there are more than 600 trading pairs available in total.

On Bittrex you can also trade using fiat currencies like EUR or USD. You can deposit or withdraw this currencies using either a wire transfer or a credit / debit card. Keep in mind that only Visa cards are accepted.

Bittrex Fees

The fees of Bittrex are a bit higher than on other exchanges as they require a 0.20% for both selling and buying coins on their trading platform. However, as all the other exchanges Bittrex offers a discount on fees for clients that are trading a volume of more than 50.000 dollars monthly.

Screenshot_20201123_235843.jpg

If you want to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat, Bittrex will also require different fees for that. For buying using a debit or credit card there will be a fee of around 3% while using a wire transfer the fees might be different depending on your country and the bank you are going to use for the transfer.

The fees for withdrawing cryptocurrencies are fixed automatically by Bittrex depending on the network condition so there is no information I can offer you here as the fees are always going to be different.

Is Bittrex safe to use?

Screenshot_20201123_235933.jpg

Given the fact that the founders of Bittrex have all worked as engineers for reputable companies like Microsoft or Blackberry their main goal with Bittrex was to make it as secure as possible.

Bittrex has a couple of security features that I've never seen before on other exchanges. One of those features is the ability to select in your account certain IP addresses and certain coin adrresses that you'll be using in the future. This way you can make sure no one is accessing your account from a different IP address other than the selected ones and no one can withdraw your cryptocurrencies to a different wallet other than the ones you have selected in your account. This makes it almost impossible for a hacker to steal coins from your Bittrex wallet even if they break into your account.

Bittrex uses an unique system for taking care of their clients funds by carefully moving the coins from one wallet to another. More than 90% of the funds are stored offline. The fact that Bittrex was never hacked before proves that it is one of the exchanges with the best security possible.

Advantages and disadvantages of Bittrex

Bittrex advantages :
  • High security systems
  • USD and EUR supported
  • Fast interface , performing trades almost instantly even when the platform is busy
Bittrex main advantage is that it focuses a lot on their security. They have unique features in ordet to keep their platform and their clients funds safe. Bittrex has also worked on improving their overall trading platform speed, in order to ensure that even when their platform is busy all trades are going to be processed instantly.

Disadvantages of Bittrex :
  • Poor customer service
  • Multiple clients reported problems with freezed accounts and funds
  • Bad reputation for allowing pumps and dumps
The biggest disadvantage of Bittrex is the fact that their customer service is not as good as it should be. It seems like Bittrex is no focusing on helping their clients that much, instead they keep working on adding more features to their platform. Also, there are lots of people complaining online about their Bittrex accounts being frozen by Bittrex for no reason. Most of the time this problems are fixed in a couple of days but surely no one would like to have their funds frozen for no reason. So I recommend you to not use Bittrex with large amounts of money as you never know what could happen with your funds.

Bittrex Referral Program

ESr54QOX0AI6CMB.jpg

Using Bittrex referral program you'll earn a 10% commission from all fees paid by your referrals. There's no limit to how many referrals you can have.

You'll be able to check your earnings every day after 12:00 UTC, and they will be distributed to your account in the following 7 days.

Keep in mind that you'll not be able to see your referral details. You'll only know that someone has joined using your referral link but you'll not be able to see any information regarding who that person is.

How to join Bittrex?

Visit Bittrex official website by typing the URL found in the title of this article. If you are from US you'll access Bittrex.com directly while if you are from outise the US you'll be redirected to Bittrex Global.

72750bd200.jpg

After registering on Bittrex using your email or phone number you need to complete an identity verification. KYC is mandatory on Bittrex and you cannot start trading until you have successfully completed your verification process. In order to complete this process you'll have to send some photos of your ID card, a proof of your address mentioned in your ID and also take a photo of your face in order to confirm no one is using fake documents.

Last edited:
Very detailed review I must say. One of the features of this exchange is the security consciousness of the engineers. We all know how susceptible exchanges have been to hacks lately, so the security is one way to ensure the trust of customers.

I really appreciate the reviews you have given, but I don't understand how Bittrex works by reading the reviews you provide. Hopefully I can understand it.

I really appreciate the reviews you have given, but I don't understand how Bittrex works by reading the reviews you provide. Hopefully I can understand it.
Perhaps you never used a cryptocurrency exchange before? My reviews are meant to explain more about the website,it's features, the fees, the services they provide, and also to help people understand if it's a safe website to use.

You have to understand that I'm not writing a tutorial on how to use the exchange, I just provide you the information about the exchange so that you don't have to waste your time doing research on this. I can't explain what every cryptocurrency term means and how to use every single feature the exchange provides.

I haven't really heard about bitrex crypto currency exchange platform. If their security system is strong enough and not vulnerable to hackers, I will try them out for my next Bitcoin purchase

Perhaps you never used a cryptocurrency exchange before? My reviews are meant to explain more about the website,it's features, the fees, the services they provide, and also to help people understand if it's a safe website to use.

You have to understand that I'm not writing a tutorial on how to use the exchange, I just provide you the information about the exchange so that you don't have to waste your time doing research on this. I can't explain what every cryptocurrency term means and how to use every single feature the exchange provides.
You are right that I have never used a cryptocurrency exchange before, so it's very natural that I don't understand what you are describing.

Bitrexs crypto exchange sounds good, but my problem with some of this exchange platform that has lasted for years is reliability, in the sense that they have made there money, therefore they have nothing to o loose, which means that if the site ceases to exist tomorrow, they will go Scott free.

Bitterex is a legit exchanger website that has been in existence for more than 5 years now. There was a time that I needed bitterex badly, but I couldn't see the site because of verification. I wanted to trade adbritage trading with them

Concerning your question on bitrex.com, I have to say I am not familiar with it but i will suggest trust wallet even though you haven't mentioned it and yes, it is safe. I've been using it for Quite some months and it's been great using it. I love the fact that it lists a lot of coins on itself and it's very easy and safe to use. I can recommend it for anyone to start using. Trust wallet is user friendly

Regarding your question on bitrex.com, i really have to be honest,I don't know about it. I would suggest luno wallet even though you haven't mentioned it and yes, it is safe. I've been using it for Quite some months and it's been great using it. I love the fact that it lists a lot of coins on itself and it's very easy and safe to use. I can recommend it for anyone to start using. Luno wallet is very good and user friendly

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back