Beware of Cheap Traffic

jyy

BizNotes
"If it's too good to be true, it probably is.". Who has heard that before? Anyway, the only good types of traffic are from the main companies like Facebook, Google etc. - and even with those, there is massive danger if you don't know what you're doing!

Anyway, the lure of cheap traffic is simply the fact that website owners sometimes cannot afford the prices of major companies and/or they are just looking for something "way easier".

O.K., why might this traffic be trash? Well, some could very well be bots, not even human. :oops: In another case, the source of the traffic is very "forced"(as in a pop-under). In other cases, as I suspect, the "forced stuff" could be fixed to where it seems like people really went there when maybe they were just trying to get away from the ad ASAP.

BizNotes
After being on the internet for as long as I have, it is easy to identify the easy crap traffic sites, over the potential gray area that might fall into either good or cheap, based on traffic sources.

Cheap (crappy) traffic is never the best way to get legit signups for things. I have rarely seen cheap traffic sources turn out to be good sources.

Lämmchen

BizNotes
Do you know if being on these bad traffic sites (such as lists) is bad for your SEO? I haven't signed up on any of the sites and probably won't because I'm too busy finding other ways to get my sites out there. I think I do better trying to sign up on Facebook groups and then slowly building relationships and dropping hints at my site or even projects with links.

jyy

BizNotes
Cheap pop-under traffic etc.. are solely for suckers. It should be illegal. Well, there is some debate in that - because people have brains and are adults. Nonetheless, though, this surely preys on the weak, but I suppose you have to fall before you learn.

BizNotes
Cheap pop-under traffic etc.. are solely for suckers. It should be illegal. Well, there is some debate in that - because people have brains and are adults. Nonetheless, though, this surely preys on the weak, but I suppose you have to fall before you learn.
Yeah, pop unders are just as annoying as redirect ads. Sure, it gets you money quickly, but it isn't sustainable with long term users.

jyy

BizNotes
Yeah, pop unders are just as annoying as redirect ads. Sure, it gets you money quickly, but it isn't sustainable with long term users.
Possibly it could win over industries with extremely hungry members. It would be like marketing to drug addicts. I will that there. O.K., say there was some offer to give away 100 dollar bills - and it was believable. o_O