What's new

Between a laptop and desktop which is advisable to buy for children.

My 14 year old granddaughter has a laptop because then she can use it in her room to do her homework or take it with her when she visits friends or relatives. I think teenagers prefer laptops and they are certainly more practical for them. When she was younger she used to share my desktop but she started to hog it which is when I decided to get her a laptop.

Concerning which is advisable to buy for children between a desktop and a laptop computer. Well, I feel it is best to get a desktop since it is for children of very young age, buying a laptop might not be advisable because they might damage it while moving along with it and desktop tends to be more cheaper and stronger than some laptops

A laptop computer is more easier to use especially for kids. It will give them a sense of responsibility to use it carefully.

Buy a mini laptop for your children where they could easily move from place to place ,i guess they would love it ,you can give that a try
Post automatically merged:

Buy a mini laptop for your children where they could easily move from place to place ,i guess they would love it ,you can give that a try

Desktop for children will be the right choice because they can break the laptop easily in a short time.
laptop is for someone +18 years old xD

I would advise you buy a laptop for your children simply because if it's portability. They can take it to school, library, laboratory and lots more. Portability alone is the sole reason for the decline in desktop sales ever since the advent of laptop.

A laptop could be too delicate to buy for children. I would strongly advise you to buy a desktop for them. This way, it is safer to use by them.

I would have chooses the laptop but as you said you're intending to buy it for children, I will choose the desktop. Because it is more stronger and aslo stationery where you can easily monitor their activities

I think it is practical at this day and time to buy a laptop. You will at one point have to carry your work to school or back home. Either way, there is just a huge demand for portable devices. The convenience that comes with such devices is just unmatched.

A laptop definitely for me because of its ease of usage and size too, desktop isn't really a personal item for kids to me tho more like a general device for the home, but laptop definitely ahead of a desktop any day, also without ups a desktop is more or less a television

For easy to use I would go for laptop but if you are looking for their safety and other concern, I would prefer to have Desktop as it can be good for their eye and you can also reduce problems as kids can often drops laptop.

The one that will be of advantage to the children is the desktop,because it will be stationary at a place in the home,it will last longer because it will not be carried around,and also the battry is usually stronger and concerning power,you can get a ups to maintain power supply for sometime after outage.

I just believe laptop is actually the best but sometimes a lot of people prefer to go with hi pad because at least with this they will be able to handle it properly than using a big laptop they may not be able to carry, it all depends on what you want.

A desktop computer is better for children because the laptop is fragile, and since it can be carried around, they won't let it be, they will always want to carry and of course when it falls to the ground, it's not good.

I think you should go for laptop because laptop is the modern system that is designed to suit both children and adults, I don't really know the function of desktop anymore because laptop has taken over the place of desktop.

I am still in support of desktop computer with same reason that it will be save as they will not be able to carry it about or throw it easily unlike in the case of a laptop. Finally, it is still in the discretion of the parents to decide which is best. It is just my opinion.

In my own opinion, desktop should be better than a laptop when it comes to the kids. Thou desktop is limited when it comes to usage in times when there is no Electricity, but with desktop, you can actually monitor its usage because they cannot carry it anyhow as they would like or sneak in and take it, you can monitor its usage and it would last longer because its not been carried alot.

A laptop was created as an upgrade to the desktop. Even though kids can be playful and want to destroy the laptop as they try to move it around there are still ways to protect the laptop from getting spoilt. The goal is to make kids familiar with the world around them. Laptops breeds more familiarity than desktop.

I'm seeking advice on which to buy for children between laptop and desktop.
I was told a desktop is very strong and rugged than a laptop, that a laptop spoils easily and not strong as a desktops.
But you know that a laptop uses battery which makes it available for use after electricity shortage, but when there is no electricity you can't use a desktop.

So which one is advisable to buy for children.?
I would prefer a laptop. It is because it's easier to carry. You can bring it anywhere so easily. But for the laptop to have longer life, then you must teach your children to take good care of it.

For easy access to the computer I think it will be very good if you can just get them a laptop. However, for you to monitor what they are doing on the computer you can decide to get them a desktop

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back