What's new

Bad Grammar on a forum

Having bad grammar to a large extent it is quite natural on any website because of the fact that not everyone will be speaking English as their native language. For many people they actually use this as an opportunity to try and learn another language as well so it is going to have a transitional period between people actually understanding English and people being able to communicate in that language.

Bad grammar is usually common among those who are from non English speaking countries and through translating, they make some mistakes.

Personally it's a big turn off for me,I mean what's the rush and why can't you outsource for proof reading if you can't do it?

I think everyone is still in the learning process in life. Cristiano Ronaldo is not an English lad but he has built his English skills over the years.

Bizdustry is the first site that I will work with when it comes to paid to write posts. And because of the need to quickly send a post, we make mistakes. But what I do often is to read my post again and edit if necessary. I know hundreds of people will read or see it.

Does a forum with bad grammar or spellings put you off from signing up there?
As a (soon-to-be) ex-transcriptionist/proofreader, 👁
I see errors everywhere. It’s just because my mind is so trained to seek them out. A spelling error here or there on any site wouldn’t bother me too much. Heck, even I make errors.. we’re all human. But if I see an online forum or job site just loaded with errors, particularly from the site owner, I would do one of two things:
1.) Ask if they need an editor
2.) Leave

Actually there are some people who English language is not really their first language so who that is always a possibility of them making some grammatical errors when it comes to their post on that website.

So many newbies actually do not work on their grammar and this makes it easy for them to continuously post bad grammar on forums.

When I was admin of our office website's forum I used to reply to a post with bad grammar. But my boss said that we should allow freedom in posting because a forum is not for the educated only. Okay, noted. But I still do not like very bad grammar. With slightly bad grammar that is just fine like some guys here usually post.... their is a lot of.... instead of there.
You are correct that in forum website there must be freedom allowed. Of course bad grammar can make people laugh. But as for me the most important thing is you fill up your post with one hundred and fifty characters for the post to be monetized.

You are correct that in forum website there must be freedom allowed. Of course bad grammar can make people laugh. But as for me the most important thing is you fill up your post with one hundred and fifty characters for the post to be monetized.
Even though there is a need for freedom of speech, so many people would misuse it and then make the forum owner to run into losses.

Having a bad grammar on a forum doesn't mean the forum is actually bad. I think this is just way for the admin to caution the members doing that and improve the website

On some forums, members who lost low quality posts and make Grammar mistake get banned immediately as the admins don't tolerate it.
Having a bad grammar on a forum doesn't mean the forum is actually bad. I think this is just way for the admin to caution the members doing that and improve the website

Yes, this will actually put me off from the word go. Why should i struggle to read through badly written grammar when i can easily get the info from a well-researched blog? This is a very sensitive area that forum owners should make sure they put much effort. Also, search engines nowadays will not rank articles or posts that have bad grammar, punctuation or shallow information.

Yes, this will actually put me off from the word go. Why should i struggle to read through badly written grammar when i can easily get the info from a well-researched blog? This is a very sensitive area that forum owners should make sure they put much effort. Also, search engines nowadays will not rank articles or posts that have bad grammar, punctuation or shallow information.
You are right though, it's a big turn off for most persons as not every one would have the patience to read through it all and try making sense out of it. If I can get it somewhere else no need wasting energy.

Some people make grammatical errors unknowingly while some people do the same thing due to ignorance. Nevertheless you can't just expect perfection to the fullest, does forums still just have to pardon them

Bad grammar and spellings are a complete turn off for me on forums, while it is inevitable, one must try his or her best to avoid making such mistakes as it helps so much in building and retaining good image for the brand.

Bad grammar or spelling is inevitable while running a forum because mistakes can occur that's why there's need to always check your grammar or spelling before posting. In a situation where I get to a point I can't really comprehend what the writer has written due to wrong grammar or spelling I won't be able to sign up because am yet to understand what the writer is saying.

Grammatical errors are mostly due to a mistake. I don't think anyone would deliberately write something wrong knowing that it goes public. Writing is a continuous process, we learn as we go, we watch others and learn. Please let's help each other grow.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back