What's new

Bad Grammar on a forum

Of course there are some platforms I have visited before that were full of gramatical errors, but I don't allow it discourage me because I know that anyone can make this kind of mistake including me. So, I just try to correct it in my mind and read on so that I can understand what is written.
Some people who are not good in English language are most likely to make mistakes with their grammar on writing on some websites and it is not something that you will kill them for but try as much as you can to correct them to increase on their grammar.

Hmm, i know grammatical errors happens unexpectedly. We are not perfect, at times we may face it. But we should always watch closer to avoid making errors being use to us.

If it becomes use to the forum, it will scare others away, who may like joining cos the forum is marred with grammatical errors.
Exactly, grammatical errors would most definitely scare people away. Making a few mistakes might be overlooked. But when it's too much, it is something else

Exactly, grammatical errors would most definitely scare people away. Making a few mistakes might be overlooked. But when it's too much, it is something else
it is actually why it's very important to have a kind of test before you are employed to work on a website in order to make sure that you pass at least the English test to avoid making such mistakes and the website.

Yes of cos, that's why forum owners stick with good English and free from grammatical errors to keep their community clean to attract sponsors/advertisers to earn more and keep running the forum.

it is actually why it's very important to have a kind of test before you are employed to work on a website in order to make sure that you pass at least the English test to avoid making such mistakes and the website.
Absolutely true. This would help screen out people with bad grammar and so reduce grammatical errors in the site. Website managers should adopt this

No one is perfect and no one is also free from mistake. Bad spellings or grammer could be as a result of typographical errors and it hasn't keep me off from a forum.

I come form tier 3 country where Eglish is not my first language, therefore I am prone to make grammar mistakes. I thin this happens to all of those who come from non-English countries.

Sometimes I think that this can be a way in order to see that the people that are on there are not posting very high quality posts, however I think that this can be expected as well, because not everyone that will be on here will be speaking english as their first language.

It is not always a turn-off to me because it is not likely to occur every day,it might just be a little typographical error which is something we should not considered, it can only turn me off if I am reading about something on a website .

Most of the time, I am more concerned with the reason I came to a website, such as to gain information or earn some additional money, and I am not always knowledgeable about other topics.

Not at all and it's like a living proof that those are regular members and not just some bots. However, if I can't make sense of what others are saying and if there are way too many users(that falls into this category), then I might hesitate a bit. Still, it wouldn't be enough to restrict my registration in that forum.

I am sure people would be able to improve their language skills in time, so we just have to give them some time. Most of those users are bilingual and it's not easy to learn another language from scratch.

So, I admire them a bit more to be honest :D

Though, it's pathetic and put one off some times but I wouldn't blame them because could remember our own professor Akpan Joseph, a Nobel laureate correct the native English speakers sometimes

When I was the forum admin for the office website, I replied to posts with bad grammar. But my boss told me that the forums aren't just for educated people and that I should be free to post. he wrote it down. But I still don't like very bad grammar.Some people usually post here so some bad grammar is fine.... There are a lot of her .... will be held there.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back