What's new

Bad Grammar on a forum

Hmm, i know grammatical errors happens unexpectedly. We are not perfect, at times we may face it. But we should always watch closer to avoid making errors being use to us.

If it becomes use to the forum, it will scare others away, who may like joining cos the forum is marred with grammatical errors.

When I was admin of our office website's forum I used to reply to a post with bad grammar. But my boss said that we should allow freedom in posting because a forum is not for the educated only. Okay, noted. But I still do not like very bad grammar. With slightly bad grammar that is just fine like some guys here usually post.... their is a lot of.... instead of there.

For real, a forum with written contents that are not well constructed sure will put me off because that will suggest that the admin of the forum is not serious with the business.

Does a forum with bad grammar or spellings put you off from signing up there?
Lol.... Well we can't do without BAD grammar some bad grammar occur due to typographical error while some are due to the fact that the person is not capable of speaking good one.

In the past 5-6 years I have posted on a lot of forums and I have seen a lot of bad writing. Well, I don't mean that In write exceptionally well, But I thing people like me who are writing in second, or even third language are prone to make mistakes.

In the past 5-6 years I have posted on a lot of forums and I have seen a lot of bad writing. Well, I don't mean that In write exceptionally well, But I thing people like me who are writing in second, or even third language are prone to make mistakes.
It is very bad for you to write or speak bad grammar on a photo because the essence of the message will not be gotten by your audience.

Most times, I am more focused on the thing that brought me to a website, maybe to get an information or make some extra income that I am not always conversant of some other things.

I come form tier 3 country where Eglish is not my first language, therefore I am prone to make grammar mistakes. I thin this happens to all of those who come from non-English countries.

I don't think we should judge anyone's grammatical errors as some are largely due to typographical errors as we are anxious to type so as not to forget what we intend to write.

It is not always a turn-off to me because it is not likely to occur every day,it might just be a little typographical error which is something we should not considered, it can only turn me off if I am reading about something on a website .

It is very bad for you to write or speak bad grammar on a photo because the essence of the message will not be gotten by your audience.
Watch your mouth, you young man. You are quoting my message out of context. I said we are are prone to make mistakes with language and grammar when you are using it as a second language.

Mistake is inevitable but when it is persistent, then it becomes an error. The native english speakers make mistakes sometimes. I could remember our own professor Wole Soyinka, a Nobel laureate correct the native English speakers sometimes

To be honest, grammar makes no difference as long the poster has something to say and he is able to convey his message. The members come from all parts of the world and English is not the first language of all of them. In my case, English is my third language. I can't read or write my mother tongue but know to apeak only as I grew up in a place so I learned and spoke a different language. English was part of the languages I learned in school and then the medium of my higher education.

Does a forum with bad grammar or spellings put you off from signing up there?
Bad grammar or spelling is really very very bad. It is very humiliating. But I think everyone of us can fall into this category if we are not careful enough. There is still room for improvement I believe. Just keep on writing in forum. As they say practice makes perfect.

No one is perfect, even the best makes grammatical errors. Now if a forum is filled with too much error, it would be a turn off for a lot of persons, if a forum over emphasize on the errors in the forum, it would be a turn off as well, as people might feel no one is perfect and everyone makes mistake. The best is to keep both sides moderate.

I beleieve nobody is a fountain of knowledge like you said, we only improve everyday because change is constant in nature, we tend to improve when we see and hear something new.
When I was admin of our office website's forum I used to reply to a post with bad grammar. But my boss said that we should allow freedom in posting because a forum is not for the educated only. Okay, noted. But I still do not like very bad grammar. With slightly bad grammar that is just fine like some guys here usually post.... their is a lot of.... instead of there.

No it doesn't put me off unless it is unintelligible but that is rare. I'm British so I don't expect people from other countries to write as I do. I rather admire people who have English as their second language.

If a bad grammar Is on a forum it might just be a mistake which the new registrant can over look or call the attention of the admin to. But for me bad grammar has not chased me off a forum before

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back