What's new

Backups

Alex

Does anyone know if hosting companies offer guarantees that they automatically back up your data? If you know yours doesn't, how often do you take a manual backup of your data on your website? Those who have paid hosting, have you ever had to use a copy due to a loss in data? This isn't something that worries me to this day as I'm with TapaTalk (A free forum host which deals with backups and maintenance.

A lot of hosting companies won't automatically back it up but you can always opt in for auto backups.
Then there are a lot of other companies that will require a payment for backups, depending on the plan that you purchased.
I would just back it up on my own. I hate having to rely on anyone else to do what I need done.

I think Godaddy and some hosting companies charge a monthly fee for backups, in my opinion its worth it since they provide customer support if there is any issue.

The software installer on my hosting service takes daily backups for my site but I really should be going for more frequent backups. Plus, I believe they are stored with the web hosting service so I should probably start to download them locally or have them stored somewhere else because it's not the most reliable way to have backups.

Having that thing is a huge plus in case of "disasters". However, though, some really techie admins can make their own backups. Can anyone do it?

GoDaddy doesn't offer automatic backups and you are supposed to purchase the plan, if you need it.
I don't have any such premium plans and I usually take backups like once a month or two. I know it's too long but I just can't help it, as I am always busy these days. My company is getting more profits and everyone is happy about it. It's just that, they don't realize they are making the people work a lot for those profits and they don't even care about the actual employees welfare. Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Anyway, I do take backups from time to time, just to be on the safe side.

Depending on where my site is hosted, I tend to do weekly or monthly backups, as most hosts I have been one, do pretty good to keep things running. Though I don't have issues with doing backups more frequently, as a precautionary measure, if I know something might come up that would require a more current backup.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back