Avoiding the quarterly payment for business tax

Kayzzy3

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In our country the business is required to pay a quarterly tax that is adjusted at the end of the year - for the refund of additional payment. Most of the small business owners that I know have been avoiding the quarterly tax payment by declaring zero income (for 3 months). It is not really allowed but the tax officer would approve knowing that the business is small. That is one good reason for a business to remain small... according to the tax record only.
I can classify that's as fraud, any business that tries to evade tax is committing fraud, business should pay tax as at when due to help their government raise money.

Tax is an obligation to the state and should be honoured to make for smooth running of the state.

Trexxxy

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Lol. People will do anything to avoid unnecessary payment. Even bigger conglomerate avoid tax payments. Deferring tax payments isn't a new thing as a lot of organisations whether big or small refuse to pay.

cafediscussions

Justin

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In my home country, if you do not pay tax, government can crack down on your business any time and ban your business. Therefore, you should always pay tax timely

Chibson

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
If I own a very big business I will definitely not avoid paying taxes. It is unfortunate that a lot of big companies in some countries always find one or two ways in which they can avoid paying tax.

tyrim88

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Payment of tax returns differs from different climes,and the remitance differs as well.In my country they do it annually and the returns is done at the revenue tax office,where you would be issued a tax certificate.It would be of no importance for the tax office to issue a tax certificate with a zero profit as the tax certificate will be useless.

Winning Team

An Assurance Of God's Saving Grace!!!
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This is usually so bad for small businesses and one won't have to blame them for declaring zero income. It's up to the government to consider small businesses when collecting taxes.

Razor1911

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This is usually so bad for small businesses and one won't have to blame them for declaring zero income. It's up to the government to consider small businesses when collecting taxes.
Most of the govt already has such rules where they offer rebates for small businesses.It is better to pay your due tax on time, afterall small businesses doesn't have to pay large chunks. It is a crime to show 0 income falsely and punishable under legal act.

Kelly5

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
So the tax collectors are condoning illegality in the process of carrying out their duties. If they want to scrap collecting from small businesses to encourage them, then they should instead

Richard92

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Tax is truly a topic business men and women are siness always concerned about. Anyway it is very legal to comply with the tax directives by tax officers and its good to obey tax laws. Although one can stil evade tax legally. By looking for the weak spot in the laws.
all others pay tax as a business owner you pay tax and tax is a fundamental right to be paid. it is always legal to comply in terms of payment of tax for your business that makes you a responsible business man.

Ehizzy1

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Business needs more diversification am not sure if the business might continue to remain small ,there would be a time the business would want to turn a big one

Josemendez

Graphic Designer
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In our country the business is required to pay a quarterly tax that is adjusted at the end of the year - for the refund of additional payment. Most of the small business owners that I know have been avoiding the quarterly tax payment by declaring zero income (for 3 months). It is not really allowed but the tax officer would approve knowing that the business is small. That is one good reason for a business to remain small... according to the tax record only.
I think any business built on lie will not easily survive the market long . Moreover there is no point is hiding once Income or going for small scale business just to avoid taxation

Senator

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
If this is what your tax collection or revenue collection official are doing in your country, that means that they are truely very comcederat seeing that small businesses are struggling to survive most of the times. I like that

Winning Team

An Assurance Of God's Saving Grace!!!
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Most of the govt already has such rules where they offer rebates for small businesses.It is better to pay your due tax on time, afterall small businesses doesn't have to pay large chunks. It is a crime to show 0 income falsely and punishable under legal act.
Sure, it is when the system fails to check these loop holes that the business owners are always doing it. Proper implementation would deter them.

Abigael

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
It is the same here for small businesses. They can easily avoid taxes that way. But for big businesses, evading tax is a big problem. They end up paying so much fines for that.

Akinwale701

Verified Poster.... I buy all country Gift cards
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Whether yearly or quarterly, the main contentions is that the tax is paid. It's like house rent, some people prefer paying theirs monthly, some quarterly, and some yearly. It all depends on how easy and convenient it is

Ojonuyo

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
You are correct; that is why small business do not grow up quickly. There are so afraid to spend much money to upgrade their business. Hence, there are always cutting corners and procedures.

Dowenship

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Hmm.... But in the real sense, is it good to remain small, just because if tax, small business is now better than big business,??? Its a question we need to answer ourselves.

HayKay

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Well I wouldn't pray for my business to remain small forever and I'm not sure anyone prays for that as well. Paying taxes are our civil responsibility for all the benefits we enjoy from our countries or localities - the security, freedom and all.

Grandeur

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Tax evasion is not a new thing. Many businesses do this because they did not make a lot of profit or are of the opinion that the government isn't doing anything right with tax payers money.

Blessedsam60

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Paying your business tax quarterly looks so cool. I will be glad to support it. But what might happen afterwards might not be really impressive as we expected it to be.