What's new

As estate developers, would rather import building materials than source them locally?

In making this decision, I believe one thing that should guide anyone should be the nature and quality of the house you want to build. Some building materials might not be available on your country and would need importation

As for me I prefer being an instant developer than for me to become an importer of building materials. People who sells building materials sells to the developer and the engineers

As a real estate developer, I would not import building materials for my projects as far as I have those materials in my home country. It will be more expensive to complete a project if materials are imported.
As a real estate developer you must know that important materials very expensive so you must make do with the local materials that is available in your country.

Most of the material used to construct buildings, houses, apartments, etc is manufactured in my country locally. However, there are many things that are imported from outside. For example, some material used to make American style kitchen might be imported and many items used to construct bathrooms are also imported. usually, rich business real estate developers use such imported items.

While everyone must look into the aspect of putting out quality, you cannot but factor in the cost that such comes with as well. I will go for local sourcing of materials of the quality it gives me is not compromised

It is a global practice to import things that are not available in one's country from another country. Some developers imported building materials that are readily available in your country from another country because of some reasons, it might be because the quality of the local materials is not up to standard or the imported ones are what the owner of the building wants.

Yes it is very and still okay to source for materials that are not very readily available for some one to get around their locality, that is the only time in am source material outside if I can't get an alternative to it locally

I would always go with the ones that would give me my desired quality while going for the best price. That is why I would first weigh the both options to see.

It really depends on your country of residence, some countries and localities mainly deal on building materials while others don't deal on building materials.

Most of the material used to construct buildings, houses, apartments, etc is manufactured in my country locally. However, there are many things that are imported from outside. For example, some material used to make American style kitchen might be imported and many items used to construct bathrooms are also imported. usually, rich business real estate developers use such imported items.
Most of the imported materials are the interior like the lighting system and the kitchen installations particularly the sink and piping. But for ordinary homes that cannot afford such luxuries the local materials will be the standard. Our kitchen has a granite counter top that is nice and looking imported even if it is local only.

Real estate development in my country is now capital intensive due to such act of importing building materials. Individuals seeking to rent apartment ranks new building with modern/ foreign materials higher than the old ones. Hence, developers build houses that meet their demands since they are willing and ready to pay.
Sourcing of material locally is the best option for real estate developers,because it would be cheaper to use such material for development.Except if there are no alternative locally,you can then decide to rely on imported material.

Real estate development in my country is now capital intensive due to such act of importing building materials. Individuals seeking to rent apartment ranks new building with modern/ foreign materials higher than the old ones. Hence, developers build houses that meet their demands since they are willing and ready to pay.
Most times the local material how to not have much quality like the one important and sometimes they do not have the kind of material that is required by the real estate developer so this will make them in Port building materials.

Well it depends on the customers. I have seen lots of people or persons who would prefer foreign made materials than locally made ones, as they see these ones as more stronger and gives more prestige than locally made ones. Then in the case of Nigeria, most Nigerians do not actually trust anything made in Nigeria, its the painful but simple truth.

I will source for locally produced but quality products. Importing materials will not boost my nations economy so it's not a good thing to do.

If you're into construction of estate buildings and you have skills in manufacturing some building materials. That's a plus for you making more money.

It depends on the kind of property I want to set up. There are some building materials not available in my country and I'll have to order them for drop shipping so I don't buy imitation products in the local market just because it may be less expensive as compared to when importing them.

As a real estate developer I am creating the business because I want to make profit and as such I will go for the one that will give me the perfect mix of both quality and affordability.

Sourcing for your building materials locally would have been the cheapest way to go of course. It if the quality of the raw materials you seek does not meet your standard, then you'll have to sell imported materials

In development of properties as an Estate developer the aim is to maximize profit and get value for money.
In Nigeria building materials are either imported or sourced locally, from all indication, the cost for doing either is almost the same yet dealers of building materials imports huge containers of the product from other countries despite having a suitable alternatives in the country.
What would you rather do?
Well if I become a real estate property developer tomorrow now I don't think I would like to import all my working materials from abroad because I would prefer to purchase the working material locally because I want our homemade materials to grow as well.

Importation is a nah.... I think it's important to use home resources it's kind of promote your own heritage and I believe it's cheaper and easy to navigate
The important thing a developer would always go for any time any day is to have a good quality and with a cheaper price,and home product would actually give you that.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back