What's new

As estate developers, would rather import building materials than source them locally?

Importing raw materials for building can be very expensive. Why import for just your personal use, when you can buy from wholesale who have imported such goods and paid the necessary taxes. I advice against importations when building unless such person has engaged in a large building contract (building an estate).

Is I'm opportuned to be an estate developer I will rather source for my building materials locally than importing any goods from other countries. The thing is that locally products too are also of quality it's just that the dependent countries don't like buying something produced from their own country and buy doing this they will help to grow their own economy

Importing of building material is from reliable source, and they also guarantee you that their product can last for many years while local material are not good on a long run, so i think importing of building materials is very good.
Post automatically merged:

Importing of building material is from reliable source, and they also guarantee you that their product can last for many years while local material are not good on a long run, so i think importing of building materials is very good.

I think that it depends on the quality of materials you can get. If you can get same quality materials locally for a fair price. Then buying locally serves you better than importing.

In my country we use both foreign and locally manufactured products to build houses. So I will be using both. Locally manufactured products in my country like cement, iron and glass are very high quality and so is the foreign products that we import.

Estate developers would rather import building materials than source them locally because most of the local vendors tend to sell fake products to them which won't last or products without quality and also in rural areas no one might have enough materials depending on how exposed that area is so some developers have to resort to purchasing materials from outside the country.

As an estate developer, not all materials will be sourced locally due to the standard my clients might wants to demand for quality and beautiful products, locally made products will have the highest number than imported products because only the finishing products will be imported.

For me both locally and foreign materials are okay. But if I want to go for luxury I would rather opt for foreign materials because of its beauty but they might not stand the test of time. I feel it all depends on ones choice.

This answer can be biased for example if you ask an African to source for Chinese product in his country we both know he cant get it unless he saw it online and buy it or import it from China same is applied with a chinese man looking for an African product what will he also do...

My brother as far as am concerned everything we are using over here was imported from China, you can not source anything here, nothing! it's only in China that you can source whatever thing your buying China has taken over the market, in my country we only produce few things

In development of properties as an Estate developer the aim is to maximize profit and get value for money.
In Nigeria building materials are either imported or sourced locally, from all indication, the cost for doing either is almost the same yet dealers of building materials imports huge containers of the product from other countries despite having a suitable alternatives in the country.
What would you rather do?
It depends on the quality of the product I want to use, if the locally made products are up to my standards, then why will I bother importing?

It actually depends on what would work best for the project I'm working on, if locally produced goods would give me a long lasting effect then of course that is what I will go for but if that is not the case then I would select the one that suits the project or work best.

Concerning if I would rather import building materials than source for them locally as an estate developer. Well, every one likes a home that is well furnished and has good structure with nice designs, most of the imported materials should be the materials used in the interior of a building, and importing material are quite expensive than sourcing locally. It depends on the contract giving to you and their financial capability

I think the first thing to do is to weigh the cost of both business decision, but I would source them locally that way we can also improve the commerce in our locality.

Materials differ,it's not wrong in using locally made materials,some materials define the purpose of a particular work,if I feel getting a material locally can fit in, I will go for it.

As an estate developer, I'll source for my building materials locally if it is upto my standard otherwise I'll source it from abroad.

In development of properties as an Estate developer the aim is to maximize profit and get value for money.
In Nigeria building materials are either imported or sourced locally, from all indication, the cost for doing either is almost the same yet dealers of building materials imports huge containers of the product from other countries despite having a suitable alternatives in the country.
What would you rather do?
I would rather use and source mine locally. If the maximization of profit is my aim in the business, in will do everything possible to source mine locally

To save the cost. It is better to use locally made product rather importing foreign products. Most of the people importing products while building are only showing off because there is o rtbsg difference.

Sourcing for materials for development locally is a way to cut cost if the locally source material is of quality and stand the test of time.
The asthestics may vary but it is worth the investment in local product.

There's nothing wrong in supporting local products but the problem that would arise is when the local products seems underpar, that could force a developer hand to import better quality products

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back