What's new

As estate developers, would rather import building materials than source them locally?

Kayzzy3

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In development of properties as an Estate developer the aim is to maximize profit and get value for money.
In Nigeria building materials are either imported or sourced locally, from all indication, the cost for doing either is almost the same yet dealers of building materials imports huge containers of the product from other countries despite having a suitable alternatives in the country.
What would you rather do?

in building I believe the major aim is making a durable building , quality building and a well structured building of which the building materials determines that but the choice of building materials depends on the cost and quality, some home made are quality and the price is minimal , so why go out if you can get it locally

Real estate development in my country is now capital intensive due to such act of importing building materials. Individuals seeking to rent apartment ranks new building with modern/ foreign materials higher than the old ones. Hence, developers build houses that meet their demands since they are willing and ready to pay.

in building I believe the major aim is making a durable building , quality building and a well structured building of which the building materials determines that but the choice of building materials depends on the cost and quality, some home made are quality and the price is minimal , so why go out if you can get it locally
While some locally made are of manageable quality, some are a total write off. Hence why people source outside the country. In the local market, the amount of counterfeit products are alarming, so in the defense of those sourcing for products from other countries, they just need reassurance that’s it isn’t a counterfeit product. Also there’s also the inferiority complex Nigerians deal with, if you know what I mean
Post automatically merged:

Real estate development in my country is now capital intensive due to such act of importing building materials. Individuals seeking to rent apartment ranks new building with modern/ foreign materials higher than the old ones. Hence, developers build houses that meet their demands since they are willing and ready to pay.
Trueee!! Everyone wants a building with modern state of art facilities. No one wants old buildings. Even old building are getting renovated so the rent can be increased. Real estate business is the next big thing. Lol, it has always been a big thing from times past

Importing building materials international is not a wise idea in this covid19 era. Lots of boarders have been shut down, it will be a risk for you to import because you might lose your materials and money as well. Cos of brutal restrictions regarding the passage of your materials made by the country you're importing from. So will suggest you buy local ones here, because their is still quality on them.

Importation is a nah.... I think it's important to use home resources it's kind of promote your own heritage and I believe it's cheaper and easy to navigate

Importing building materials is insignificant to me,in Nigeria,there is no durable and quality materials your want or need that you can not get in Nigeria, going as far as another country to import any material will be too much a stress for me.

When building or developing a house, you don't need to import building materials from outside since we have the materials locally, the major reason for this spike in importation of foreign building materials is the desirability associated with foreign goods as quality.
The thing is we still also have quality materials locally even better than their foreign counterpart, so it's not advisable as a building developer to import building materials that you can source locally as it's quite expensive and it doesn't help the local economy.

In our country the only materials that are imported are those used for the interior. Some wealthy families want a home that has imported floor tiles or imported roofing which makes a big difference when you are rich. But for common people the materials are sourced locally because that is the cheapest especially when you are developing townhomes or housing for villages. I don't think the developer would have imported materials because the cost is their primary consideration.

One can only favour his house hold, so I will go for local
Many people thinks local materials are old and weak, but that is wrong
Salvaged or reclaimed building materials might not necessarily be local in their origin. However, instead of sending entirely usable construction materials to the landfill, reusing those materials in your renovation project is not only essential for sustainability, but it can also add a vintage and rustic look to your home

This decision is influenced by lots of factors. First is affordability, I’ll procure materials that are affordable and not expensive. Also, engineers tends to compare cost while considering quality. The quality of building materials matters a lot. Procuring imported or locally made materials isn’t ought to be the most important instead you should be concerned about quality

I'm not sure that is totally true because some of the building materials are cheap in the country compared to imported ones while others are more expensive when compared to the ones from foreign countries. I think it's left to the developers to identify this items and purchase them accordingly.

For the development of properties in my country, it is preferable to buy construction materials locally, and the closer to the construction the better, since in this way the cost of freight is saved. Compared to imported materials, in my country the cost is cheaper, thus saving large amounts of money.

In development of properties as an Estate developer the aim is to maximize profit and get value for money.
In Nigeria building materials are either imported or sourced locally, from all indication, the cost for doing either is almost the same yet dealers of building materials imports huge containers of the product from other countries despite having a suitable alternatives in the country.
What would you rather do?
It is not true bro . Nigeria currency is very weak and thus for one to buy building materials from foreign countries , one needs to convert the naira to dollar ,thus will have to use larger amount of naira ,as compared to the amount he could have used when buying locally. Also , importation fees are also part of the challenge

Thanks again for all your account and the other two are having a single mom with a withdrawal of the funds for the funds to my workmarket the funds for the opportunity to be a good day I love to eat that is the one thing I do is a good day for your birthday dinner for the kids together and get it done before I leave traditional banking and financial aid for the opportunity to be reflective of the world and it is important that you can see the funds to my workmarket account and I will your office.

As a real estate developer sourcing you material locally is more cheaper compare to importing such materials. However it all depends on what to the developer wants, sometimes the materials for a particular estate progect can not be locally soured, in this case you have to import.

As a real estate developer, I would not import building materials for my projects as far as I have those materials in my home country. It will be more expensive to complete a project if materials are imported.

This decision is dependent on the durability and quality of the building materials.... if I can buy quality materials locally that can build a solid house then there is no need to source for foreign materials.... Foreign materials will likely cost more money and take a lot of time to get here

I believe the reason for these act is quality, the imported materials tends to be of higher quality than the ones that are locally made, beside that, there are few building materials that are locally made in Nigeria, most of the building materials you see in the market are imported.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back