Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Here in the US, inflation has gone up quite a bit, it's causing food, gas, and other items to cost even more. With that being said, for those landlords out there renting out property, have you since raised your prices to combat the inflation? I've heard of some people raising rent and payments. It's really starting to hurt people financially. Has it affected you in any way?

I wouldn't take this as only an American thing but generally. Like I said earlier, this forum gives information that contains views from the world over which is a key indicator of a worldwide slump.

If I have a property it will depend on so many things that will determine if I have to increase the rent for people who are living in those properties , but no matter what may happen I will definitely raise it at some certain point.

Here in the US, inflation has gone up quite a bit, it's causing food, gas, and other items to cost even more. With that being said, for those landlords out there renting out property, have you since raised your prices to combat the inflation? I've heard of some people raising rent and payments. It's really starting to hurt people financially. Has it affected you in any way?
I've seen some rental property owners who are already doing that. In conjunction with a currency that is doing poorly against the dollar in Nigeria,.it is necessary to increase the rent if you want to keep up with costs of maintenance works.

I understand that so many land Lords would be tempted to increase their rent because of the current reality in the world at the moment but you should also consider the mental state of your tenants

If I have a property it will depend on so many things that will determine if I have to increase the rent for people who are living in those properties , but no matter what may happen I will definitely raise it at some certain point.
That is not out of place for a house owner to raise his rent,but the issue of inflation should not be the only reason for raising the rent,because other service provider wil follow suit,,and we will be back to the same level.

That is not out of place for a house owner to raise his rent,but the issue of inflation should not be the only reason for raising the rent,because other service provider wil follow suit,,and we will be back to the same level.
Well I will definitely raise It up A certain point but not frequently as most people will do . probably after 5 years or more. The main reason why the price of house needs to be increase is just to cut and balance it with inflation.

Well I will definitely raise It up A certain point but not frequently as most people will do . probably after 5 years or more. The main reason why the price of house needs to be increase is just to cut and balance it with inflation.
That is true to an extent,because an an investor you will have to do that at some point,but it should not be done arbitrarily,because the issue of raised rentage cannot solve the issue of inflation.

Inflation control control every aspect of the countries business administration. In my country where crude oil is the major source of income, inflation in fuel price affect all other businesses. It's necessary to increase rent price to balance expenditures and gains.

One of the major determinants of the price of the rent is inflation.
If you are not changing the price to suit the inflationary condition it would be difficult to gain something worthwhile at a Time.

That is true to an extent,because an an investor you will have to do that at some point,but it should not be done arbitrarily,because the issue of raised rentage cannot solve the issue of inflation.
To me I don't see anything wrong with that personally but so many people are doing it in a greedy manner. At sometimes your property's value can be worth more than it was sometimes ago

To me I don't see anything wrong with that personally but so many people are doing it in a greedy manner. At sometimes your property's value can be worth more than it was sometimes ago
The issue of raising your rent is not really a bad idea,because from time to time you will have to review your rentage,but not just because of the issue of inflation,because that would not solve the problem.

The issue of raising your rent is not really a bad idea,because from time to time you will have to review your rentage,but not just because of the issue of inflation,because that would not solve the problem.
Okay then what other possible reasons will make people to raise their house rent ? The reason might also be because the value of your house keep increasing as the location to develop.

Okay then what other possible reasons will make people to raise their house rent ? The reason might also be because the value of your house keep increasing as the location to develop.
That does not mean that one will not raise his rent from time to time,but it should not be done on a constant basis,I understand we should consider the value of the property and how it appriciate.

That does not mean that one will not raise his rent from time to time,but it should not be done on a constant basis,I understand we should consider the value of the property and how it appriciate.
That is what I was trying to explain in my previous comments. There are some greedy house owners that tends to increase their rent on yearly basis. This isn't the best option.

That is what I was trying to explain in my previous comments. There are some greedy house owners that tends to increase their rent on yearly basis. This isn't the best option.
Ok i understand,and that would not be the best,because real estate investment is a life long investment,and one should not expect to recoup all his money in just a few years.

The cost of living is rising daily and this is as a result of the global inflation caused by pandemic and some international wars. It is very okay to adjust your rent price too.

I actually don't raise the rent because of the inflation which has hit the whole world. I think the inflation thing is caused by the increased in the prices of petroleum products which subsequently causes the prices of everything to shoot.

Ok i understand,and that would not be the best,because real estate investment is a life long investment,and one should not expect to recoup all his money in just a few years.
The reason why so many property owners tends to increase their rent on yearly basis is because they only depend on it as the only way of survival. Therefore putting a lot of stress to their tenant in a greedy way.

The reason why so many property owners tends to increase their rent on yearly basis is because they only depend on it as the only way of survival. Therefore putting a lot of stress to their tenant in a greedy way.
It will be a very bad way to only depend on just the aspect of rentage for your survival after you might have done with your service as an employee,except you have many properties.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back