What's new

Are video rental stores still around where you live?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
The last video rental store we had closed down I think back in 2020, right around when covid hit. It was a small hometown video rental store that was slowly dying out. We had a Family Video store near me as well, but it too closed down a little while back.

It sucks because I have fond memories about the video store in my town, and now it's done forever.

Do you miss video rental stores?

The last video rental store I remember being near where I lived was Blockbuster and that closed down a few years ago. I remember when I was a kid we also had a video rental store that was a small business, we used to always go there when I was a kid to rent out videos but they closed down soon after DVDs became popular. Now we don't seem to have any video rental places at all now.

I do miss them as it was fun to be able to go out and choose movies to watch and then grab some food on the way back say at a weekend. It seems streaming services really did take over.

Video rental services ran out of business a long time ago, however, you can still buy movies on DVDs and BluRay discs. Streaming is also getting popular here but a lot of international streaming services are still not available here so people usually buy DVDs and BuRay.

The last video rental store we had closed down I think back in 2020, right around when covid hit. It was a small hometown video rental store that was slowly dying out. We had a Family Video store near me as well, but it too closed down a little while back.

It sucks because I have fond memories about the video store in my town, and now it's done forever.

Do you miss video rental stores?

Such kind of rental stores are now becoming a thing of the past due to many different reasons. I think that one of the main reasons why this is the case is due to the fact that technology has changed the world of media. Now there are many things that you may find quite easily on the internet. However, due to copyright issues, certain video rental stores may still be running as they may have the exclusive rights to rent or sell videos.

That kind of business is old-fashioned here. I do not think that anyone is even doing it as far as I can remember in my area as they have moved on to opening other different businesses instead. The video rental stores might still be popular in rural areas, but not in this area.

There are still some video rental store that are in business in my location but it's only a handful of them. Most people are now streaming everything they want to watch in terms of movies and TV shows on the different streaming services which is available for them to make use of right now. I really feel for those who are depending completely on this kind of business because it is something that is fading away very quickly.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back