What's new

Are there domains that have been banned before?

Do means don't get banned instead they expire so there is nothing like banning domains, what can happen is when a website is banned and not a domain.

Google’s on an uncompromising mission. It wants to give its users access to accurate information, unique content and the finest writers. It continually tweaks and improves its algorithms so that the best of the web gets the exposure it deserves.
Unfortunately, there’s a flipside: a penalty. That’s the consequence of Google taking issue with something on your site. Sometimes a penalty is well deserved, but even if you know you’re in the wrong, you probably want to do something about it.
Reasons why domains are banned
Buying links
Excessive reciprocal link
Duplicate content
Over using H1 tags
Internet 404s

In the recent US elections I think there were several domains that were blocked or pulled down because of the strong political intonation. It's just unfortunate that I did not note down the domain names. Maybe in the past there are also domains that were banned because of violations of the rules. But maybe it is more of the contents and not the domain name.

There are some domains that were blacklisted from Google AdSense due to rules violation and you have to check before buying any domain name

Domains can get banned when it is used for malicious things line, especially defrauding innocent people. Too many widespread bad review about them can cause it to be banned.

Of course there are several domains that have been banned before. the reason may be that they are involved in some malicious activities and other rules violation.

I am not sure of banned domain but I know and very sure of expired domain. So it is possible for a domain to get expired maybe if the host refuses to renew the domain.

Are there any domains out there that have been banned for some reason or other? I'm sure a lot of offensive domains get taken down fast, but are there other domains that lasted years, and then got banned later on?
I don't think such things do happen to any domain site that I know about,but if there is any out there that got banned at this very moment or before now I would also like to know as well.

Domains can be banned by advertising network or search engines. If the website attached with the domain violated the rules of ad network or search engine domain can get banned.

I personally don't know if there are domains that have been banned before. But of course, there must be because some people like violating rules.

If the websites are used for illegal activities, the domains associated with these websites get blocked from search engines. If you mistakenly buy such domain, you will be in trouble

Of course there are several domains that have been banned before. the reason may be that they are involved in some malicious activities and other rules violation.
I completely agree with you that there are several domain names that have been banned and most of these reasons for their banning is because the domains have been used for fraudulent activities.

Once registered, I do not think the domain can be banned. Once you register the domain, you are the owner, who can ban something you already own.

Once registered, I do not think the domain can be banned. Once you register the domain, you are the owner, who can ban something you already own.
I think this is very good but you can still be punished by Google if you violate their rules. I think that is your website will not be ranked by Google.

when search engine penalize your domain, your website will no longer indexed on Google. If that happens you will not get organic traffic from google,

You can't 'ban' a domain name, but some services can blacklist domains such as Google so they don't appear in search results. Generally speaking though domains can't get banned because the system doesn't really work in that way.

There are some domains that were blacklisted from Google AdSense due to rules violation and you have to check before buying any domain name
Thanks for the information, this means that one has to double check before purchasing those domain names to ensure safety

Definitely there maybe such number of domain as a result of failure to meet up to the terms and conditions of the site of operation so it will lead to the banned of such domain.

There are a lot of sites that especially during the last election were banned and blacklisted for offences that vary in degree including scams .

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back