What's new

Any Linux users here? What's your favorite linux distro?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I have used a few Linux operating systems on old PCs in my day. My first ever time with Linux was with Ubuntu. I'd say it was back around 2011-2012 when I first used Ubuntu. I then remember using distributions like Puppy Linux, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and a few other linux distros meant for older PCs. I had an old PC I used for a while.

Anyway, my favorite Linux OS is probably Ubuntu. I used Ubuntu a lot in the past and even had a recent laptop that uses it.

I have a laptop that will be 9 years old this year, unfortunately, the hard drive died on me a few years ago. I had to switch the hard drive out for a smaller hard drive than I had in the laptop in the first place which was 1TB and due to that, I ended up moving from Windows to Linux on my laptop. I have had no issues with Linux on my laptop and at the moment I am using Ubuntu. I will be sticking with Linux when I get a new 1TB hard drive as well which I hope will speed the laptop up a little as I believe the ram is fine.

I have a laptop that will be 9 years old this year, unfortunately, the hard drive died on me a few years ago. I had to switch the hard drive out for a smaller hard drive than I had in the laptop in the first place which was 1TB and due to that, I ended up moving from Windows to Linux on my laptop. I have had no issues with Linux on my laptop and at the moment I am using Ubuntu. I will be sticking with Linux when I get a new 1TB hard drive as well which I hope will speed the laptop up a little as I believe the ram is fine.
Nice. Yeah you can get a lot of life out of old PCs with Ubuntu and other Linux distros. There are kinds made specifically for older systems to give new life to them. Puppy linux is one that comes to mind, same with Xubuntu, both are meant for older PCs.

Nice. Yeah you can get a lot of life out of old PCs with Ubuntu and other Linux distros. There are kinds made specifically for older systems to give new life to them. Puppy linux is one that comes to mind, same with Xubuntu, both are meant for older PCs.
Yes, with my laptop being as old as it is now I would like to keep it going for as long as I can, and if using Linux helps that and allows me to have it to use when I am away from my desk and my main computer then I will take it. I do love how Linux and Ubuntu run though and I am eager to get my new 1TB hard drive though just to see how it runs on Ubuntu, at the moment I have a 128MB hard drive in there and it does struggle a little.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back