What's new

AM addicted to video games please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really have a lot of exposure to most of these things, it's nice because you said that you are a manager in your gaming organisation and that make you have much knowledge about all these things, if I may ask if the two of us are to compete on PES or real football, who do you think will be the winner ?

Same with me there was a time i was very addicted to playing video games especially football ,till little by little i stopped playing and was able to get over it

I started playing video games when I was 7 years but since I'm now 20 years I still find myself playing them I've tried to stop but I can't, sometimes I promise myself not to play it but before I know I see myself playing it again please what can I do to stop this.. this is making me depressed.
To sop the addiction of game , you need yo find something doing to counter the addiction and channel your energy on that thing, you might choose reading as an alternate way of dealing with playing games.

To sop the addiction of game , you need yo find something doing to counter the addiction and channel your energy on that thing, you might choose reading as an alternate way of dealing with playing games.
Reading might help too ,only that it works for some people and it dosent work for some people ,so i don't consider or try that when addicted because it dosent work for me

Game addiction hmmm. The best way I can think of you overcoming this addiction is to re channel your focus on something else. Focusing on something as competitive has your game is one way out of it.

This is not really a bad thing :D If you know how you can earn a lot of money from games. Each day there are many and many gamers and from what I see only the experienced ones have succes so I suggest you to find a game where you are very good and start to streaming on twitch or make an youtube channel and you will also earn from this

13 years of consistency, that's enough to build an empire from YouTube or Facebook live streaming, as a gamer it will not be easy to kill addiction, but do your best to create time for real live activities and games.

Thanks for your advice yeah I've been able to get something doing and I come and find out that I don't have much interest and time to go into a lot of gaming,as soon as I come back from work and just take my bath eat some food and go to bed.

You can only feel depressed about this situation only if you are have a feeling of guilt about playing video games. What if there is channel where this addiction of yours could actually fetch you some real money instead, won't that be nice? Find that channel and play there for money if you can

You can only feel depressed about this situation only if you are have a feeling of guilt about playing video games. What if there is channel where this addiction of yours could actually fetch you some real money instead, won't that be nice? Find that channel and play there for money if you can
Thanks for your advice, have been able to get myself a work that I spend most of my time doing, now I don't even have time to go to games anymore as I concentrate on how to make money that is all.i think the reason for that was because of boredoms.and lack of something doing.

I started playing video games when I was 7 years but since I'm now 20 years I still find myself playing them I've tried to stop but I can't, sometimes I promise myself not to play it but before I know I see myself playing it again please what can I do to stop this.. this is making me depressed.
OK, maybe to make you feel better, an addiction to video games is better than an addiction to drugs or equivalent. Therefore, i would say, you are not on the wrong path. But again, i would say, if you are spending much time on it in the expense of other important tasks, then you need to reconsider. Plus, if you feel depressed about it, it just means you are putting so much emotions on the game. Just find a way to separate your emotions from the games and you will be ok.

OK, maybe to make you feel better, an addiction to video games is better than an addiction to drugs or equivalent. Therefore, i would say, you are not on the wrong path. But again, i would say, if you are spending much time on it in the expense of other important tasks, then you need to reconsider. Plus, if you feel depressed about it, it just means you are putting so much emotions on the game. Just find a way to separate your emotions from the games and you will be ok.
What are the step people who are addicted to video games should take for them to be free from the addiction, I am no more addicted to video games because I've taken a serious decision against it.

Like they say the best way to get raid of an addiction, is to get another one. You can start with not being around where there is games. If you have a game set, instead if being at home, go out more often engage yourself in productive activities all through the day, when you get home, you might be too tired to play. Or better still you can read a book or watch a movie. The issue is you cant just stop at once. Start by reducing the limit you play after that give yourself a time whereby you can only play for a specific time.

Like they say the best way to get raid of an addiction, is to get another one. You can start with not being around where there is games. If you have a game set, instead if being at home, go out more often engage yourself in productive activities all through the day, when you get home, you might be too tired to play. Or better still you can read a book or watch a movie. The issue is you cant just stop at once. Start by reducing the limit you play after that give yourself a time whereby you can only play for a specific time.
I believe what you are saying is the truth because when I was addicted to video game ,I was not so much in the online system but now online as taken all my time I am no more addicted to it anymore

Then you will just have to set aside a certain amount of time to play.
Oh! Better yet, use it as a reward system. Like if I do this and this and that, then I get 2 hours of game time. Use your (apparent) addiction as a form of motivation to get other stuff done first. 👊
You can do this.

Then you will just have to set aside a certain amount of time to play.
Oh! Better yet, use it as a reward system. Like if I do this and this and that, then I get 2 hours of game time. Use your (apparent) addiction as a form of motivation to get other stuff done first. 👊
You can do this.
nice advice I've been able to overcome this because ever since I started engaging online especially on paid to post site I do not really have time to concentrate on gaming again, is better for me that way

Video game is really addictive and it needs some kind of regulation from parents if someone is still a kid. If there is no regulations from parents to kids while playing the game there will definitely be some kind of addiction to it

I believe what you are saying is the truth because when I was addicted to video game ,I was not so much in the online system but now online as taken all my time I am no more addicted to it anymore
Lol like my self i also love playing games and watching movies as well, i have so many films i have not watched yet on my system and i just downloaded one more, i am currently looking for a nice psp game i can download to play on my laptop. But i still find time do other online and offline activities.

One of the best part of your overcoming this addiction of yours is the fact that you're owning up to your addiction yourself. The next challenge will now be how to see that you do not relapse into it again once you start avoiding the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back