What's new

Allowing editing/deleting of posts by members?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
I have been in some forums that never allow members the privilege to delete their posts for any reason whatsoever. The members are only allowed to edit their posts for 15 minutes after they are made and after that, they can't edit it again but only report it for a moderator to attend to it. While some forums allows members to delete their posts whenever they want which is something that's not good for the forum in my opinion.

I have been in some forums that never allow members the privilege to delete their posts for any reason whatsoever. The members are only allowed to edit their posts for 15 minutes after they are made and after that, they can't edit it again but only report it for a moderator to attend to it. While some forums allows members to delete their posts whenever they want which is something that's not good for the forum in my opinion.

I think that we all make mistakes. This is why I would prefer to allow a member to edit the comment in case I have a forum. Many writers often say that a few forums do not offer this option.

If the forum is offering some sort of compensation for posting, why should it allow the members to delete the posts when the members have received credits for the post. Editing feature can be easily abused.

As a forum member, I will say the forum admin and owner should allow people to edit their post anytime they want. But we also need to consider the forum admins and owners. Someone has make post for several hours and many people have read it. He or she now suddenly woke up that the post need to be deleted. This is not really good. If there's need to edit or post after some minutes, admin and forum owner should be consulted.

Allowing editing could be something damageful sometimes because member could edit the post to add something not appreciable that could complicate a little work of moderation but for the most of the users it is OK and there is no problem at all behind this.

i believe users should be given the opportunity to delete and edit there post if need be, but the editing part should be subject to various terms in order to curb fraudulent activities as some users would want o take advantage of such loophole.

I suggest that allowing people to edit and delete their posts should be encouraged as it helps these people to feel part of the forum that they are operating in.

I
I think forums should give the ability to users to edit or delete their comments because everyone makes mistakes so if they couldn't edit it... What should they do?

I

I think forums should give the ability to users to edit or delete their comments because everyone makes mistakes so if they couldn't edit it... What should they do?
If the sections is Paid per article so I do not think edit is perfect solution as sometimes after getting reward from admin you remove some of your article and this is bad practice commited by some fraudulent members. Or even delete for other sections it should be OK.

I think that the members should have the ability to edit or delete the comment in case they make a mistake as we all humans are vulnerable to making mistakes.

Why should the forum allow members to delete postings after they have been credited for them if it is offering some type of payment for posting?
Abuse of the editing feature is simple.

Well I don't see anything thing wrong with that If the forum is offering some sort of compensation for posting, why should it allow the members to delete the posts when the members have received credits for the post. Editing feature can be easily abused.

Well I don't see anything thing wrong with that If the forum is offering some sort of compensation for posting, why should it allow the members to delete the posts when the members have received credits for the post. Editing feature can be easily abused.

How can the editing feature be abused? I think that some members may try to manipulate the system and this could be bad. Having said that, not all the members are manipulators.

There
Their should be allowed for edit or delete the post because We are also human beings and mistakes are made by human beings and I think that sometimes we want to write something circulating in our mind but we can't add that time because of lack of words but after later we got hit sudden good information then we go to edit the forum and sometimes we delete the forum and this is good for the online workers to delete or edit the post.

I think that editing of mistakes in posts should be allowed because humans are fallible, and "To err is human". However, I think that allowing members to delete posts is too lenient, and I believe people could take advantage of this.

I think that editing mistakes in posts should be forgiven because humans are fallible and "it's humans who make mistakes". But I think allowing members to delete posts is too lenient.

Allowing members to edit their post is a very good idea because sometimes people may make mistakes. When you make mistake you have to go back and edit it.

Not a good thing as we all are human and we done with mistakes to if we have done any mistake or sentence or spelling mistake then there should be a chance to editor delete our post to make it correct.

Why should the forum allow members to delete postings after they have been credited for them if it is offering some type of payment for posting? Abuse of the editing feature is simple.

you have a valid point which i have not thought of, if you get rewarded after making the post, then what happens when you delete the post after using the reward for that particular post?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back