What's new

Age limit to play National Lottery to increase to 18

I just hope it won't be banned with time because most people may end up getting addicted to the lotteries thereby causing mental and physical retardation.

In my country the age limit to play lottery or gambling is from 18 above, without that government cannot allow such thing to happen here at all.
Why are my country it has always been 18 years anyone less than 18 cannot play lottery because he is not yet an adult and does not have responsibility over himself.

It's very imperative that this had to be implemented because gamblers are prone to be addicted which is very bad for it's negative effect

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
View attachment 2139

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.
I believe every bet age limit has always been 18 but like I would tell people it's just a way of milking your hard earns because only 1% go home smiling out of 100% so they call you lucky

In the different cases like for my country they don't really bloody care how old are you in fact your age doesn't matter to them when you come to their shop to patronage them. They only care the money you come alone with, Lol.

This law really don't have effect in the country because every man for himself, it's a good though because age 16 is just to young for someone to start gambling that is only if it's implementation strictly in my country

Here in my country gambling I not supported neither is it prohibited in the country,but most person kicks against it yet the youth still do not want the government to scratch it out

It's a very nice development and I applaud their decision because scheme's like these can make them loose focus on what is More important in their lives

If I were opportuned, I'd even raise this age further to say about 22. Most young adults these days have failed to grow and even at that age are still prone to errors of childishness.
To prevent a lot of after effects like suicide, theft and the rest, I'll raise the age further

To me, i don really any sense in doing that because it with not stop other from doing it or from the young people from giving it to the adults to play it for them.

Gambling does alot of harm than good most times. I feel it is a good thing the government increased the age to participate in the national lottery to 18 instead of 16. It will surely yield positive results.

Lottery and gambling is a big waste of time and money. I do not engage into lotery and gambling for religious reasons. I also believe that gambling eventually becomes an addiction and many people lose money through this way.

I think that's the best age setting. Here in Nigeria, the normal age or let me say the usual age for you to take charge of your own life is at 18, you can play lottery, gambling or any other semi-illegal stuffs. Lol

As part of the government's campaign to combat problem gambling, the minimum legal age to join the National Lottery will be raised from 16 to 18 this year. Under-18s will be prohibited from purchasing National Lottery tickets and scratchcards in stores starting on 22 April 2021, players must be 18 or over to play National Lottery games online, in-store, and on the app
View attachment 2139

According to the government, the National Lottery's games have evolved greatly over time, with an increasing shift toward online and instant win games like scratchcards. It claims that the current minimum age would prevent the National Lottery from being a "gateway to problem gambling." The government intends to look at ways it can help protect online gamblers in its study, including setting caps on online stakes, updating the regulations on advertisements and promotional deals, and providing additional safeguards for young people.
That is the way to go, my concern is how the government will be able to identify under 18 who may want to play on online. I believe they have a way of identifying them. That couldn't not be said here in my country the gambling age is 18 and above on paper but in reality, we have lots of under age teenagers gambling.

I actually think in my country when you reach about 18yrs of age ,you can play the national lottery ,but I guess it was probably increased to prevent the underage kids from involving in gambling too

The only time the government tried to raise money through lottery was when it was trying to raise funds to organize international games. The lottery ran for a month and a lot of people were able to earn some money. There are no government sponsored lotteries in the country.

In most part of the world, especially my country , when you reach 18 years of age, you are responsible for your own life and can do what you want, I remembered whenever I go to betting shop to bet in games , they always ask people that looks younger if they are 18 years before they can grant them access to play, because under 18 cannot gamble and party in an hotel in my country,

View attachment 2139

That is a good adjustment.
Those from ages eighteen and above are rates responsible, so they are entitled to play lotteries. The younger ones will desist from it and probably concentrate in school.

The government placed sanctions on individuals who are below the age of 18 to play lottery or gamble. If anyone allows under age in his bet shop, he will be held responsible.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back