What's new

8 steps to choose an internet domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowHokage

A domain name is a string that corresponds to a numeric IP address associated with a computer (server) that is permanently connected to the Internet.
In the following we present some suggestions that should make your "mission" of choosing a domain name much easier.

1. Branding

If there is already an SRL behind the domain name, then we want the NUMELFIRMEI.ro domain name to be available, if it is also a free .com domain, you have just drawn the winning lottery, considering that there are about 127 million domains. com already occupied.

2. Pay attention to trademarks

To make sure you choose a unique name and to make sure that the name is not already a registered trademark, check this here: http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/. This ensures that you do not infringe or copy an already registered trademark and avoid any conflicts that may affect you materially.

3. A name relevant to the activity carried out

You can choose a domain name that best reflects the activity performed, right from hearing or viewing it. In this way, you suggest to the user what you do right before they visit your site and thus their interest or even curiosity can bring you a visit from him.

4. Choose an easy-to-pronounce name

Try a little imagination game and think about how many times in a discussion you were presented with the name of a site that you did not understand and you had to ask again what site it is ?? ?… And the top you didn't understand a second time and you gave up. You certainly don't want this to happen to you, but you want your site to make an impression and arouse the user's interest from the moment the name is pronounced. In such a situation we also found ourselves with the old name Elvsoft because the group of 3 consonants "lvs" was very difficult to pronounce, sometimes even by our colleagues.

5. Avoid numbers and hyphens

Without numbers and hyphens the domain name is easier to write / pronounce and you can avoid any confusion that the user may make, but this is not a general rule. I don't know how you felt when you heard the radio commercials saying hyphenated domain names, but calling it "minus."

6. Consider new domain extensions

It usually reflects the area in which your activity takes place, but there is also no general rule in this regard.

7. Dare to be different

Dare to have an atypical name, this is exactly what can make it memorable, from the millions of domains registered so far worldwide.

8. Use keywords and Keyword Planner from Google

The keywords used in the domain name will help you get the best possible positions in the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
Keyword Planner is an extremely useful tool provided by Google that you can use to find new keywords or even find out the total number of Google searches for a particular word. You can use this tool both to find a domain name, but also later because based on the statistics provided by it you can implement a marketing and advertising strategy. You can access Keyword Planner for free from your AdWords account, Tools section.

That’s a nice tutorial, I’m curious if someone need a platform for mixed content. Like technology, crypto, school & medical. What extension is recommend for him?

Nice tips. One thing also is to go with the current trends. Before buying a domain you want to flip, you should also make sure there are end users for the name too.

THis article is really informative and comprehensive. My question is how do you select an extension provided your preferred domain name has already been chosen

Before choosing a domain name you have to first consider a name that would attract people on first sight and the logo needs to stand out so as to attract more people into making use of the site.

Thanks so much for the great advice given to us by the privilege of being a member of this wonderful site. We'd really appreciate you for sharing such an amazing knowledge with us. We'd really appreciate you.

I think this are very good toutorial on choosing a domain name. And this is coming at a point in time where I plan on starring my own site. It is also important you go for sites that are easy to remember keeping in mind that no matter what, shorter is always better.

Thanks for sharing this great tips with us. I think this guide will help me further in my domain name business.

The third tip is very essential because I focus more on brandable domain names. I don't think anyone uses hyphen these days when coming with domain name. Kudos.

A domain name is a string that corresponds to a numeric IP address associated with a computer (server) that is permanently connected to the Internet.
In the following we present some suggestions that should make your "mission" of choosing a domain name much easier.

1. Branding

If there is already an SRL behind the domain name, then we want the NUMELFIRMEI.ro domain name to be available, if it is also a free .com domain, you have just drawn the winning lottery, considering that there are about 127 million domains. com already occupied.

To make sure you choose a unique name and to make sure that the name is not already a registered trademark, check this here: http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/. This ensures that you do not infringe or copy an already registered trademark and avoid any conflicts that may affect you materially.

You can choose a domain name that best reflects the activity performed, right from hearing or viewing it. In this way, you suggest to the user what you do right before they visit your site and thus their interest or even curiosity can bring you a visit from him.

Try a little imagination game and think about how many times in a discussion you were presented with the name of a site that you did not understand and you had to ask again what site it is ?? ?… And the top you didn't understand a second time and you gave up. You certainly don't want this to happen to you, but you want your site to make an impression and arouse the user's interest from the moment the name is pronounced. In such a situation we also found ourselves with the old name Elvsoft because the group of 3 consonants "lvs" was very difficult to pronounce, sometimes even by our colleagues.

Without numbers and hyphens the domain name is easier to write / pronounce and you can avoid any confusion that the user may make, but this is not a general rule. I don't know how you felt when you heard the radio commercials saying hyphenated domain names, but calling it "minus."

It usually reflects the area in which your activity takes place, but there is also no general rule in this regard.

7. Dare to be different

Dare to have an atypical name, this is exactly what can make it memorable, from the millions of domains registered so far worldwide.

The keywords used in the domain name will help you get the best possible positions in the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
Keyword Planner is an extremely useful tool provided by Google that you can use to find new keywords or even find out the total number of Google searches for a particular word. You can use this tool both to find a domain name, but also later because based on the statistics provided by it you can implement a marketing and advertising strategy. You can access Keyword Planner for free from your AdWords account, Tools section.
You have shared a very good information quoting the domain, I am interested in a lot more domain by reading it and I will change my name too. This step is very knowledgeable and I liked that you shared such a wonderfull information with us, thank you very much.
Post automatically merged:

1. Branding

7. Dare to be different

You have shared a very good information quoting the domain, I am interested in a lot more domain by reading it and I will change my name too. This step is very knowledgeable and I liked that you shared such a wonderfull information with us, thank you very much.

The most important aspects for one to look out for when buying a domain is to check out the Doman traffic rating and impression because these are the most important aspects of a domain name.

When you're about to choose a domain name you will have to first consider your brand and then you have to consider the name of your company or organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back